The Student Room Group

Is it ok to be 17 and never been in a relationship ?

I have never had a boyfriend or even been kissed by a boy. I have explored all the reasons and I’m a 5’11 straight girl and boys are probably intimidated by me. I don’t see myself as particularly beautiful ... to be honest I just want opinions. Is 17 too old? And any tips dating?
17 is too young...
Original post by Anonymous
I have never had a boyfriend or even been kissed by a boy. I have explored all the reasons and I’m a 5’11 straight girl and boys are probably intimidated by me. I don’t see myself as particularly beautiful ... to be honest I just want opinions. Is 17 too old? And any tips dating?

Honestly stop worrying you have plenty of time, you will probably find someone when you least expect it, I would just enjoy your life and have fun.

Too old? Most of my friends are in the same boat. I wouldn't worry about it. It'll happen when it happens.

I'm 19 and never been in a relationship so I completely understand why this is on your mind but the way I see it is there's no rush.

Wait I’m literally in the same position as you I feel exactly the same aha, we’re same height too??

Wait I’m literally in the same position as you and I feel the same aha, we’re the same height too??
No not too old at all, I had the same worries but in hindsight, 17 was nothing!!! Concentrate on making strong friends and everything else will follow trust me! The right guy will come when you least expect it x
Reply 8
No, definitely not... if anything I think it's a good thing, time to focus on friends and study before relationships! :smile:

i am 15 and never been in a relationship. the first time (and so far the only time) i asked a girl on a date she said no (i had liked her for 3 years but was too shy. i probably asked her in the wrong way - i was too shy so i asked a friend to ask her). ive never had any physical contact with a female. never kissed, never held hands, ive hardly even spoken to any. could you give me some advice?
i am addicted to Michael Jackson (i don't listen to any other music). Will this stop me from getting into a relationship?
Reply 10
Everyone starts somewhere... 17 isn't even old so I don't see why it's bad to be single. You're not even an adult yet.
Go and enjoy yourself while you can - you'll be a long time married. :wink:

You have explored all of the reasons?
Anyway that is no issue, I am 19 and only now are maybe 50% of my friends getting into relationships, many still are not! So relax, you'll get more opportunities as you get a job or go to uni, Sixth Form and below is limited for most people.
Yes. Live your life at your own pace.

Im a 15 year old girl and i'm in the exact same position as you. i have a belief that we've already met the person that we're going to have a relationship with (long term or short term), but our feelings for them havn't yet been noticed by our own hearts. You'll need to take some time to yourself and think about what it is you want from a relationship before you advance onto getting into a relationship. It's not just about being kissed or just the fact that you've been in a relationship; its more about what you get out of the relationship that makes you and your future partner happy and content from the relationship. Hope that you dwell on that and wish you all the best with finding a partner who will love and cherish you always. :biggrin:
blimey these posts are becoming 1 a day on TSR

. it's perfectly normal to be 17 never having a relationship, most don't even if they pretend they do.
The thing is that I have never seen it as a problem until friends have started making slight digs
17 is a very young age, you have plenty of time to find someone.

As you get older you could try online dating, speed dating, meeting guys through education, having hobbies, joining clubs based on your interests, through your network and going out.

Quick Reply

Latest