The Student Room Group

HELP! - Personal Statement for Mature Student for Accounting and Finance

I'm struggling with my personal statement.
All of the ones i've read are nothing like what I was planning on writing. My reasons for applying are very plain and simple but it seems that some personal statements are very ambitious and over the top (which is fine if that's relevant to you).

Any help with it appreciated...i'm nearly 33 so a very mature student!
Reply 1
What made you decide to leave work and return to education?
How have you continued to learn since leaving school?
Why do you want to study accounting and finance? What things have you done that show an interest in accounting and finance (e.g. attended lectures, worked in an accounting firm)?
What skills do you have that you think match your prospective course well and how will this course further develop your skills?
What are your activities and hobbies outside of work and what do these say about your character?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I just feel like im waffling.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Remi09
I just feel like im waffling.

There are resources in my signature. Please do not send your PS to anyone you don't know on the internet or post it publicly.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
There are resources in my signature. Please do not send your PS to anyone you don't know on the internet or post it publicly.

Thank you. There's nothing personal in my PS.

Thak you though
Original post by Remi09
Thank you. There's nothing personal in my PS.

Thak you though

Erm it isn't to do with how personal your statement is (though as a personal statement it should be personal!). It's to do with plagiarism and people stealing your work. You also have no idea about the quality of support being offered by someone who you don't know.
Reply 6
Original post by alleycat393
Erm it isn't to do with how personal your statement is (though as a personal statement it should be personal!). It's to do with plagiarism and people stealing your work. You also have no idea about the quality of support being offered by someone who you don't know.

There are no names, dates, places etc in the one I have sent. It basically reads like a story. I'm useless at writing about myself so will take any help I can get as it needs to be in today preferably.

Thank you for your help though.
Original post by Remi09
There are no names, dates, places etc in the one I have sent. It basically reads like a story. I'm useless at writing about myself so will take any help I can get as it needs to be in today preferably.

Thank you for your help though.

No worries. We've seen so many students get into trouble for doing this over the years we've been doing this but we can only warn you. I'm closing this thread now. |Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending