Jhoward9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've applied for my DSA today, I'm just wondering if I can take my funding I'll be receiving from them and use it towards an iMac? I'm dyslexic and a photographer/videographer so I don't really think I'll need a Toshiba computer/etc. and the iMac would be a lot more useful than them.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jhoward9)
So I've applied for my DSA today, I'm just wondering if I can take my funding I'll be receiving from them and use it towards an iMac? I'm dyslexic and a photographer/videographer so I don't really think I'll need a Toshiba computer/etc. and the iMac would be a lot more useful than them.
DSA won't completely fund an iMac. After your £200 contribution, they'll make up the costs to what is recommended for you. The exact price will depend on the supplier they choose, but it's not a huge amount generally. This is usually a relatively cheap laptop with minimal specifications - it's not so you can do literally all of your work on it. Anything on top of that you will have to pay for yourself, this includes upgrading to a higher spec and/or Apple product
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
DSA won't completely fund an iMac. After your £200 contribution, they'll make up the costs to what is recommended for you. The exact price will depend on the supplier they choose, but it's not a huge amount generally. This is usually a relatively cheap laptop with minimal specifications - it's not so you can do literally all of your work on it. Anything on top of that you will have to pay for yourself, this includes upgrading to a higher spec and/or Apple product
PRSOM
Jhoward9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Oh no don’t worry, I’ve been saving towards one I was just wondering if they’ll let me use the money I get from them towards the one I’m saving for? I assume from your answer that that’s a no.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jhoward9)
Oh no don’t worry, I’ve been saving towards one I was just wondering if they’ll let me use the money I get from them towards the one I’m saving for? I assume from your answer that that’s a no.
No, no. You should be able to upgrade to an Apple one. You'll get more information about upgrading and stuff when you have your assessment which I'm assuming you haven't had, and when your list of things comes in the post with the suppliers you need to contact once the assessment report and quotations has been approved by student finance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (300)
55.66%
I don't have everything I need (239)
44.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise