The Student Room Group

Impending failure

I have gone into my second year at sixth form after an appalling first year and was wondering what I would do to prevent sitting/failing my A2 mocks. I really do not want to do any of my subjects anymore and doubt any other colleges would accept me on to any btec courses. Is there any advice anyone could give me, I do not want to resit a year as I doubt I will survive anymore of this stress and I would like to get out of here asap.
Thank you.
Watch videos on how to revise smart instead of wasting hours reading a textbook. I suggest you start now as A levels are going to be tougher this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr_Robot
Watch videos on how to revise smart instead of wasting hours reading a textbook. I suggest you start now as A levels are going to be tougher this year.

I literally can't stand what I'm doing at college. I do not want to revise subjects I can't abide because I'll end up going insane.
Original post by joh1999
I literally can't stand what I'm doing at college. I do not want to revise subjects I can't abide because I'll end up going insane.

I suggest you give it a go seeing that you have very little options left. But it's okay, grades don't mean everything. What type of future career do you want?
Reply 4
Original post by Mr_Robot
I suggest you give it a go seeing that you have very little options left. But it's okay, grades don't mean everything. What type of future career do you want?

I was interested in going to uni to do a process control and instrumentation engineering course. I've applied for unis with lower entry levels with foundation years, but have priority issues with studying unbearable subjects. I really feel as though I'll end up revising hours on hours for the summer exams and having nothing to show for it at the end, that's why I asked if there was any advice on moving away from this route.
Original post by joh1999
I was interested in going to uni to do a process control and instrumentation engineering course. I've applied for unis with lower entry levels with foundation years, but have priority issues with studying unbearable subjects. I really feel as though I'll end up revising hours on hours for the summer exams and having nothing to show for it at the end, that's why I asked if there was any advice on moving away from this route.

Not everyone is suited for the academic lifestyle. Ngl if all else fails. Find something you're passionate about and become the best at it. Nothing is stopping you from becoming successful. It's all just obstacles.

Quick Reply

Latest