The Student Room Group

has anyone gone to MUN alone??

ive already applied and i really want to go but i dont know ANYONE else doing it and i already have bad anxiety so... plus i feel like im going to be really stupid and bad at public speaking compared to everyone else. idk what to do help

if anyone went to MUN on their own please tell me what it was like i don’t want to pay the £50 and then chicken out and not go lol
Original post by solokbm
ive already applied and i really want to go but i dont know ANYONE else doing it and i already have bad anxiety so... plus i feel like im going to be really stupid and bad at public speaking compared to everyone else. idk what to do help

if anyone went to MUN on their own please tell me what it was like i don’t want to pay the £50 and then chicken out and not go lol

Moved this over, I assume you mean Model United Nations
Original post by solokbm

I went to MUN with a small group from my school, however, we were all in different committees and had zero contact whatsoever. It was incredibly easy to start talking to new people and make plenty of new friends. In the early committee stages everyone will go around talking to new people to garner support for their resolutions and its the perfect time to connect with someone new for the weekend. At lunch times I sat with some new friends with their school which was also perfectly fine and overall a great experience.
Original post by solokbm

Good preparation for life - and look at it this way, you will probably never see any of them afterwards anyway so if you feel you didn't do well no one will know after anyway. Definitely go, it will be fine once you get there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending