The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2018

Hi, I’m applying RCA 2018 entry for History of Design. Is there anyone else applying this course or applying RCA this year?
I’ve sent two emails to them asking about writing sample but there’s no reply from their general admissions.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miaooooooo
Hi, I’m applying RCA 2018 entry for History of Design. Is there anyone else applying this course or applying RCA this year?
I’ve sent two emails to them asking about writing sample but there’s no reply from their general admissions.

Maybe ring them? This is a busy time of year.
Reply 2
I’ve did ring them but they just said send all the docs to that admin email ... that’s all
Original post by Miaooooooo
I’ve did ring them but they just said send all the docs to that admin email ... that’s all

So you rang them asking if they need a writing sample and they said yes send it to the admin email so send it to the admin email. I'm not sure what you're confused about!
Hi! I have sent my application for MA photography the other day and I'm now wondering how long we have to wait to eventually find out if we get an interview or if it's pretty much "random"?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Hello, I thought I'll share my somewhat bizarre (in a very positive way) experience with the RCA application so far.
I'm applying for the Digital Direction MA (btw anybody going for the same programme here? Let's talk!) and something incredible happened. A few days ago, when I was like 40% through my entire application, the only components I had back then was an Artist's Statement, Reference from my professor, Experience and like 70% of portfolio (no Personal Statement yet!). All of a sudden, while rushing with the rest of the elements, being afraid of not making it on time, I get a lovely, warm and informal invitation for an interview for the 31st of January from the leading tutor!
I have no idea what to expect, I was just informed that I don't need to bring anything, as everything will be based on my online portfolio.
Answering the last question, I'd say the admission process is rather pretty random.
Good luck to everyone!
Hey guys!

I applied for MA Photography and got an interview invite, but without exact time and date. The staff said I will be informed once the date of interview once confirmed. So nervous! I just want to assure when the interview is!

I have also applied for MA Sculpture programme, but I have not heard back yet...hope to get an interview invite soon!!!
Original post by hayveronica
Hi! I have sent my application for MA photography the other day and I'm now wondering how long we have to wait to eventually find out if we get an interview or if it's pretty much "random"?

Hello!

I waited for only 10 days to get the interview invite. It's much more efficient than I think; however, they did not confirm that date of interview date yet...It's kind of weird.

Take it easy! You will hear back soon:smile:
Original post by 102204020
Hello!

I waited for only 10 days to get the interview invite. It's much more efficient than I think; however, they did not confirm that date of interview date yet...It's kind of weird.

Hello
When did you receive your interview invite? I received an interview date in November and had my interview in December.
Original post by ranianam
Hello
When did you receive your interview invite? I received an interview date in November and had my interview in December.

Hey!
I just got it last Tuesday, but without the date of the interview...

How was your interview? Any result yet?
Hey!
I just got it last Tuesday, but without the date of the interview...

How was your interview? Any result yet?

Interview was 25-30 min long. Quite informal one haha, didn't expected that. They were laughing all the time. I was super nervous before the interview. To be honest I realllllyyy prepared for the interview like what can they ask and what things should I mention. It's best that you do prepare for the interview. Talk about your portfolio and art practice and future vision. Make a list of all the potential questions.
Luckily I heard back by the end of December and received an informal place at the course. Today i received their formal offer letter.
Hello!

Could I ask you when you submitted your application form online? Cause I submitted it on 23rd of January so I'm assuming they're going to look at my application pretty soon! Anyway, good luck for your interview! I'm pretty sure is well deserved! :h:
Original post by hayveronica
Could I ask you when you submitted your application form online? Cause I submitted it on 23rd of January so I'm assuming they're going to look at my application pretty soon! Anyway, good luck for your interview! I'm pretty sure is well deserved! :h:

Hey I submitted mine on 15th January and I just got my interview date on 20th February. So probably your application will be reviewed soon!
Interview was 25-30 min long. Quite informal one haha, didn't expected that. They were laughing all the time. I was super nervous before the interview. To be honest I realllllyyy prepared for the interview like what can they ask and what things should I mention. It's best that you do prepare for the interview. Talk about your portfolio and art practice and future vision. Make a list of all the potential questions.
Luckily I heard back by the end of December and received an informal place at the course. Today i received their formal offer letter.

Congratulations! I am so nervous about the interview; hopefully I can make it:s-smilie:
By the way, which programme did you apply for?
Congratulations! I am so nervous about the interview; hopefully I can make it:s-smilie:
By the way, which programme did you apply for?

I applied for MA Textiles programme. I wad an international applicant. Don't be nervous, I'm sure it'll be great. Which programme are you applying for?
I applied for MA Textiles programme. I wad an international applicant. Don't be nervous, I'm sure it'll be great. Which programme are you applying for?

I am also an international applicant.:banana2:
I have applied for two MA programmes, Sculpture and Photography. Hope everything goes well!
I am also an international applicant.:banana2:
I have applied for two MA programmes, Sculpture and Photography. Hope everything goes well!

Wish you all the good luck for your interview
👍
Reply 17
I submitted my application on the 18th of Jan and never heard back from them after. I called two times and sent them my writing samples as they told me on the phone. since that there is even no replies confirming my samples were received...... such a torture applying experience ...
hey guys! I saw some of you are international applicants at the RCA! I have my interview in 3 days:smile: hope it goes well. Wanted to ask.. do any of you have any info on scholarships for international students?
I am also an international applicant. I applied for Information Experience Design and submitted everything on the 30th Jan.

Haven't heard from them yet... Fingercross!

Quick Reply

Latest