The Student Room Group

ACCA or Degree

I have recently been offered a very good conditional from Glasgow University, the course being Accounting and Mathematics (NG4C). I was looking into becoming a Chartered Accountant and wondered if which degree would secure the highest paying job, ACA, ACCA or the course I was offered.
Reply 1
If you do the course, you will get exemptions from quite a lot of exams for the ACCA. This means you can get the degree and later on get the ACCA with less work since you've already done some exams during university.
Reply 2
Original post by spidle
If you do the course, you will get exemptions from quite a lot of exams for the ACCA. This means you can get the degree and later on get the ACCA with less work since you've already done some exams during university.

Aw class, would going straight into the ACCA course after UNI be wise or would it be best to go into work first
Reply 3
Original post by Skywalker88
Aw class, would going straight into the ACCA course after UNI be wise or would it be best to go into work first

It depends tbh, if you go into work for an accountancy firm or get on an accounting graduate programme then you will study for your ACCA while working anyway. Sounds good to me since you will then possess a degree AND be chartered.

Quick Reply

Latest