I worry about my health!!! Watch

kullboys
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Everyone! Recently I often feel breathless while running! I don't know why so I absolutely worry about that! Someone help me, please! Thanks a lot........!
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kullboys)
Hi Everyone! Recently I often feel breathless while running! I don't know why so I absolutely worry about that! Someone help me, please! Thanks a lot........!
Maybe start small in improving your health if you're worried. You don't have to cut everything out but small steps is better than nothing!

Exercise wise it's quite easy, if you go to school you already burn a lot of calories from moving a lot at school or walking to and from school etc. I work part time retail alongside uni so when I'm working I find it already is a good form of exercise, as you often have to lift heavy boxes, and you don't get any chance to sit down except lunch hours. Whether you work or you're at school, something as easy as walking instead of taking the bus is a good way to stay fit. If you're at uni and you live right next to campus, consider having morning walks into town one or twice a day.

If you smoke (I presume you don't but if you do) stop smoking. Every time you want a snack eat something healthy instead like carrots, broccoli, almonds, bananas. Strawberry and banana Innocent smoothies are my favourite also because they're super sweet yet super healthy. Also avoid sugary drinks, instead have diet variants e.g. Diet Coke or Coke Zero, even better to have squash instead. I still drink Diet Coke but occasionally have freshly squeezed orange juice. It's my absolute favourite and does WONDERS for your health and you feel very energized after drinking it, so tasty too. 100% pure honey is also very good for a health and a spoonful or two a day is great, and £12 from Holland and Barrett (Manuka Honey).

That being said I still eat maybe a bite of chocolate a day, crisps, biscuits and maybe once or twice in a month I'll buy a sugar-filled bottle of Fanta or sugary frap from Starbucks. Living a healthier lifestyle doesn't mean cold turkey, it just means substituting when and where you can.

Lastly, try a take up a new sport. At my old uni I did cheerleading, it felt more like fun than exercise! Just once or twice a week of sports will also improve your health and lifestyle dramatically. It can be something fun and simple like gymnasics, badminton, or a quick visit to the gym every once a week. Cheerleading was just more my scene though.
RenéDescartes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coke zero and diet coke is just as bad. Just don't drink it at all. If you haven't ran in awhile and you start running again, then it is normal to be out of breathe. The only way to improve is by practicing.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your health is likely fine. Take things slow with running, build up speed and distance etc. Else you’ll definitely be out of breath!

It could be a slight panic attack, and you could speak to your doctor if you feel you need to. But it likely just is the exercise ‘knocking the wind out of you’ so to speak.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it's a recent change and significant or lasts a while you might want to see your GP to check it's nothing like a chest infection or other change to your health.

If it's that you've only recently started running and is getting you breathless you probably just need to build up your stamina and fitness.
Keep a generally healthy lifestyle in terms of diet and exercise regularly. Get yourself to a point you're actually wearing yourself out a bit, bit not that you're totally dead. It might help to keep track of things like how far out fast you go to see how you're progressing.

Obviously though if it's a serious level of breathlessness or with little exertion you should probably see a GP to be safe.

Hope that helps
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DeeStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
look up vitamins and minerals for heart health
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (115)
58.67%
No (81)
41.33%

Watched Threads