Allegation of making a false letter of the lecturer

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Please, help

I am a PhD student and completed my viva and recommended with edutorial correction. However, I am now being suspended to get my award due to allegation of making a false letter of my supervisor, that has been sent to my child’s school.

I made that letter at that moment and I meant as a draft, but, I am doing mistake by putting my supervisor electronic signature. Regarding to this, if anyone could help? Would penalty or punishment I could get? I am in School of Healthcare. Would my degree be cancelled?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
if you have made a genuine mistake you should not be severely punished. make sure you keep copies of all of the emails etc that were sent.

good luck at this worrying time.
username3650628
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It would be classed as forgery under act 1913 of government legislation. So yes, a criminal offence. If your supervisor were to go to the police and tell them fraud had been carried out in his/her name, you could be investigated. I would try and explain to your supervisor before this happens.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So you wrote a letter, which appeared to come from your supervisor, added their electronic signature, and sent it? Why? I can understand how the university might look at that as fraud by false representation (in UK law). That could be very serious. Read the university's academic regulations and let the process play out. There are lots of ways this could go, and there's no-one here on TSR who knows all the facts and will be able to say definitively what will happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads