Turn on thread page Beta

About a boy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am daring a 17 year old I am 26 is that a bad thing I mean we don't do anything because he wants to wait till he is 18

(Original post by triciamc1)
    I am daring a 17 year old I am 26 is that a bad thing I mean we don't do anything because he wants to wait till he is 18
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I am 26 I am dating 17 year old is that a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    I am 26 I am dating 17 year old is that a bad thing
    I mean... it's the only difference between you and Jimmy Saville is that tge boy you are with is happy to be with you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    We really happy with each other

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's good that he wants to wait till he's eighteen as otherwise anything you did would be incredibly illegal. personally I don't understand it, there's such a big gap between 17 and 26, not just in physical age but in mental maturity and experience, I don't see why you would want to date them but of course my understanding is not important in the slightest.
    so long as you don't do anything until he is 18 then it's not Wrong as in it's not illegal, but you will definitely be judged by people, if you were both older the age gap between you wouldn't be bad but right now 9 years is half his whole life

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so.Only thing I would worry about is if both of you are mature enough.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. You are both old enough to know what you want and give consent. I think it is a good thing that you wait until he is 18 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinofthemill)
    I mean it's good that he wants to wait till he's eighteen as otherwise anything you did would be incredibly illegal. personally I don't understand it, there's such a big gap between 17 and 26, not just in physical age but in mental maturity and experience, I don't see why you would want to date them but of course my understanding is not important in the slightest.
    so long as you don't do anything until he is 18 then it's not Wrong as in it's not illegal, but you will definitely be judged by people, if you were both older the age gap between you wouldn't be bad but right now 9 years is half his whole life
    It’s not illegal at 17. The age of consent is 16

ReputationRep:
    I mean you'll be judged but hey as long as you haven't done anything illegal (like you say) you're not in trouble in the eyes of the law. However please be aware that he's barely going to be an adult and you're closer to your 30s than to your 20s.

ReputationRep:
    Age of consent is 16 in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    Age of consent is 16 in the UK
    age of consent is 16 yes but if one of you is over 18 then it still counts as sex with a minor

ReputationRep:
    age of consent is 16 yes but if one of you is over 18 then it still counts as sex a minor
    No if they're over 16 then it is perfectly legal. The exception is if you're in a position of trust (e.g. teacher).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.