Subject combos Watch

Elishma
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In Zimbabwe we have Advanced level where one has to choose at least 3 subjects (sometimes 4, even up to 6 - for the crazy geniuses) to study in depth. For example, one can choose MBC/MPC ( maths, bio/ physics and chemistry - the prestigious science combinations); or history, English lit and business or Geo - all depending on the degree the person wants to take in varsity. So, my question is 'what degree(s) or career path(s) can you take with the subject combination of Math, biology, chemistry and geography?'.
LRxS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’ve got a lot you could do for a degree with those subjects!
Some unis have extra requirements you might not meet, but here are some possibilities:
Medicine
Veterinary
Dentistry
Biology
Chemistry
Biochemistry
Biomedical science
Chemical engineering
Geography
Zoology
Maths
Architecture
Environmental science
Geology/Earth science
Management studies
Accounting
Nursing/Midwifery
Vet nursing
Pharmacy
Pharmacology
Physiology
Psychology
Ophthalmology
Sociology
Computer Science
Speech Therapy
Sports Science
Orthoptics

Plus there are many degrees that often don’t have specific requirements, just grade requirements, for example certain courses for Law, Theology, Politics and many others.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Elishma
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot for replying!What would you recommend for a person who is not wholly interested in the combo - something that is active, involving, a flexible lifestyle ,... typa thing. I'm looking at things like psychlogy, architecture... and probably just general practicing as a doctor...*puff* .. .*aaarggghhh* I really don't know anymore...
Elishma
Rep:
?
But tthere are some things that are a bit vague, like biology... Maybe I'm the one who is being a bit vague, come to think of it...mmmmmh
Elishma
Rep:
?
One more thing.

What countries, or universities rather, are good in medicine, music and architecture - all at once or separately.

Thanks once again!
LRxS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you consider part-time study or the open university? You’d have a lot more flexibility there, but it probably would remove courses like medicine and architecture, as those are usually full-time only. Every university has different strengths - it’s about finding the place that suits you! Look at some uni websites, order prospectuses where you can. The main things I considered when I was applying were:
• cost of living
• course structure - different unis can have surprisingly different courses for the same subject!
• nightlife/social/sports activities etc if your interested - either through the university (societies) or in the city in general.
• “vibe” of the uni (from open days)

Good luck!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Elishma
Rep:
?
Oh thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (138)
18.13%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.32%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.99%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.35%

Watched Threads