The Student Room Group

Access to HE for midwifery online?

I’m sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I’m a newbie! So just about getting my head around the app, so I’m probably posting wrong/in the wrong place.
Anyway, I will try to keep this short.
Firstly, I went to college in 2009 doing a level 3 National Diploma in Health & Social Care. Unfortunately due to family circumstances that were unforeseen at the time I only gained part of the qualification, as I couldn’t complete the whole course. So I gained a Level 3 Award in health and social care. Which does not gain me any were near enough points for uni that I have always understood and known. However, I am now in a position to go back into study (28 this year, not to sure if that would count as mature or not!) to gain enough qualifications for a uni degree in midwifery. Which was my original career goals.
Here comes the problem, to fit in around current commitments, I have decided that online is most likely the best route for this being the first year back to study. As an access to HE diploma is generally speaking a year, before hopefully gaining entry to a uni for full time study for 3 years. Now, I have found access to HE diploma midwifery on two websites, distance learning centre and learn direct. Whom both offer the same/similar. A diploma in access to HE in midwifery. Can anyone advise if these are recognised qualifications that would help gain entry into the midwifery degree course at uni on successful completion? I’m worried of spending an amount of money for the course, which will then be of no use to me.
Could any one advise, if possible or point me in the right direction(s) it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Regards
AC
Reply 1
Original post by AC1990
I’m sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I’m a newbie! So just about getting my head around the app, so I’m probably posting wrong/in the wrong place.
Anyway, I will try to keep this short.
Firstly, I went to college in 2009 doing a level 3 National Diploma in Health & Social Care. Unfortunately due to family circumstances that were unforeseen at the time I only gained part of the qualification, as I couldn’t complete the whole course. So I gained a Level 3 Award in health and social care. Which does not gain me any were near enough points for uni that I have always understood and known. However, I am now in a position to go back into study (28 this year, not to sure if that would count as mature or not!) to gain enough qualifications for a uni degree in midwifery. Which was my original career goals.
Here comes the problem, to fit in around current commitments, I have decided that online is most likely the best route for this being the first year back to study. As an access to HE diploma is generally speaking a year, before hopefully gaining entry to a uni for full time study for 3 years. Now, I have found access to HE diploma midwifery on two websites, distance learning centre and learn direct. Whom both offer the same/similar. A diploma in access to HE in midwifery. Can anyone advise if these are recognised qualifications that would help gain entry into the midwifery degree course at uni on successful completion? I’m worried of spending an amount of money for the course, which will then be of no use to me.
Could any one advise, if possible or point me in the right direction(s) it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Regards
AC

At 28, you are a mature student. You might find more advice in the mature students subforum, and there have been past threads on distance learning such as this one and this.
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply!

I did presume there had been many a question in the past & probably present, similar to my own! I just wasn’t sure how to search the threads on the application.

Thank you for your help Juno!

Appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest