The Student Room Group

Science A-levels to design degree?

Hi guysss I’m currently taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology in A-alevels, was wondering if anyone had the experience of taking science subjects but going into design in university?

I’ve always been interested in Psychology and Design, which I chose subjects that would benefit psychology, but was wondering if I wanted to get into design course, would it be possible too?

Specifically for interior design or fashion design related, many universities state no specific subject requirements but has anyone actually went from science alvls to a arts degree?

Thankyou!!!!
Original post by MoonC
Hi guysss I’m currently taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology in A-alevels, was wondering if anyone had the experience of taking science subjects but going into design in university?

I’ve always been interested in Psychology and Design, which I chose subjects that would benefit psychology, but was wondering if I wanted to get into design course, would it be possible too?

Specifically for interior design or fashion design related, many universities state no specific subject requirements but has anyone actually went from science alvls to a arts degree?

Thankyou!!!!

You need to look up the entrance criteria fr the design course you are interested in.

They will state their requirements. It is likely they will require a creative subject such as art or design.
They may be willing to consider a portfolio of work. That might be enough to get you on.
They may be willing to allow you onto the degree with a foundation year, so you can catch up on the design aspect.
Original post by MoonC

Thankyou!!!!

Email the admissions tutors of that specific department/course at each uni and ask?

Normally they say what they want in the entry requirements (and for a lot of courses they want a portfolio but if they do they will say)

Quick Reply

Latest