The Student Room Group

Application got cancelled

If my UCAS application Somehow gets cancelled do you my live choices still have my application and I reopen it?

I’m still under consideration by some university when it got cancelled.
Original post by wla01284
If my UCAS application Somehow gets cancelled do you my live choices still have my application and I reopen it?

Why did it get cancelled?
Reply 2
Don’t know. All I know is that it did. When O get it reinstated, can I still be considered by my live choices?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle

Don’t know. All I know is that it did. When O get it reinstated, can I still be considered by my live choices?
Reply 4

You need to figure out why it was cancelled. Generally, applications only get cancelled for serious things, so you might not be able to get it reinstated.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
You need to figure out why it was cancelled. Generally, applications only get cancelled for serious things, so you might not be able to get it reinstated.

I have only heard of an application getting cancelled due to plagiarism on the personal statement. Although I suspect that lying about your grades etc may have the same effect.

You need to ring UCAS and see why they have revoked your application. Like Juno said I have not really heard of an application being cancelled unless it was for a serious breach. Did you lie about your grades or something?
Reply 6
Original post by RiddIes
You need to ring UCAS and see why they have revoked your application. Like Juno said I have not really heard of an application being cancelled unless it was for a serious breach. Did you lie about your grades or something?

I’m an international student. My qualifications are foreign so I was told to provide a certificate. That seems fair of course. However, I lost my original and recently contact my home institution to order a replacement. After doing this I contact UCAS by email to notify them that the replacement certificate is on its way. This morning I discovered my application got cancelled.
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle

I think I know why.

Original post by RiddIes

I’m an international student. My qualifications are foreign so I was told to provide a certificate. That seems fair of course. However, I lost my original and recently contact my home institution to order a replacement. After doing this I contact UCAS by email to notify them that the replacement certificate is on its way. This morning I discovered my application got cancelled.
Reply 8

Oh I see. I think they have a limit of when they need your certificates by as universities are left waiting on these to decide whether or not to give you an offer.

You should ring them (it might charge a few £) but emailing might prolong the process, im unsure if they will reverse it but its worth a try. Do you have any idea when you will receive the certificates?
Reply 9
Original post by RiddIes
Oh I see. I think they have a limit of when they need your certificates by as universities are left waiting on these to decide whether or not to give you an offer.

You should ring them (it might charge a few £) but emailing might prolong the process, im unsure if they will reverse it but its worth a try. Do you have any idea when you will receive the certificates?

I should take a few weeks from now.
I applied to study law and I’m waiting to hear for LSE, Warwick and Bristol. If my application is reopened - what would happen then?

I mean, I’m in the “gathered field” for LSE for example.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10

This is from the UCAS website

If you're taking an examination not listed below, it's really important that you send your results/certificates to your firm and insurance choice universities/colleges as soon as you receive them. Universities and colleges will need to see proof of the qualifications you listed in the Education section of Apply this also means GCSE and BTEC results!

If you do not send proof of the qualifications you listed in Apply, this WILL hold up Confirmation decisions by universities and colleges.

Different universities and colleges have different policies for how they want to receive results. Some might ask for them as soon as you apply others might do their initial assessment of your application before asking to see proof of your results.

Hmm maybe it might not be because of this, as usually the universities ask for proof on enrolment and if you dont provide it they just chuck you out. I think you need to ring them as I dont think this is the reason.
Reply 11
Original post by RiddIes
This is from the UCAS website

If you're taking an examination not listed below, it's really important that you send your results/certificates to your firm and insurance choice universities/colleges as soon as you receive them. Universities and colleges will need to see proof of the qualifications you listed in the Education section of Apply this also means GCSE and BTEC results!

If you do not send proof of the qualifications you listed in Apply, this WILL hold up Confirmation decisions by universities and colleges.

Different universities and colleges have different policies for how they want to receive results. Some might ask for them as soon as you apply others might do their initial assessment of your application before asking to see proof of your results.

Hmm maybe it might not be because of this, as usually the universities ask for proof on enrolment and if you dont provide it they just chuck you out. I think you need to ring them as I dont think this is the reason.

Surely I would have proof by then (like I said, it should arrive around early to mid February).

“Hold Up” - meaning that my application is removed from the metaphorical “consideration desk”?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12

You *need* to contact UCAS and ask them.

https://www.ucas.com/contact-us
Reply 13
Surely I would have proof by then (like I said, it should arrive around early to mid February).

“Hold Up” - meaning that my application is removed from the metaphorical “consideration desk”?

Quite possibly but this is all speculative and you should contact them asap and see what the actual reason is.
the same thing happened to me, im sooo confused im crying omg

Reply 15
Original post by _hxnx.a_
the same thing happened to me, im sooo confused im crying omg

Why was it cancelled? Did you have offers?

You need to contact UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest