The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

2018 Loughborough Halls reputations / banter / comparison

I’m starting Loughborough in 2018 to study Mech Eng, took a year out after finishing school. Was wondering what the current Hall reputations are like; any halls know for just having the posh kids, slutty halls, lad halls and stuff. I like to drink and go out, but not like the clubbing every night sort of thing, just like getting up to fun stuff with the flat and with mates. Just want to end up with some fun and nice people. I quite like the look of Bakewell, still undecided about catered or self catered though. Any advice from Loughborough students would be great
Original post by StandUpCactus
I’m starting Loughborough in 2018 to study Mech Eng, took a year out after finishing school. Was wondering what the current Hall reputations are like; any halls know for just having the posh kids, slutty halls, lad halls and stuff. I like to drink and go out, but not like the clubbing every night sort of thing, just like getting up to fun stuff with the flat and with mates. Just want to end up with some fun and nice people. I quite like the look of Bakewell, still undecided about catered or self catered though. Any advice from Loughborough students would be great

Hi StandUpCactus

Congrats on your offer. Hall "reputations" don't really count for anything when the residents change every year.
Go with what you like the look of and what is in your price bracket is my advice.
The halls are all completely mixed so there will be a cross section of people in each one.
Where ever you end up I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
now that you've been Loughborough a year would you like to give us an update :wink: you sound just like me lmao so it would be helpful
Original post by StandUpCactus

Quick Reply

Latest