The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Formal pharmacy interview at Reading uni??

I’m a unsure if/when there is a formal interview?

I have been invited to an ‘applicant and experience day’ which seems quite informal and more of a tour of the uni and pharmacy department. But when I booked this event on the portal it said that I had booked my interview.

Does anyone know if this event is the interview, or if there is a formal interview afterwards? I’m just a bit confused

Scroll to see replies

I also wasn't sure until I emailed them. They got back saying that it's more of a in depth open day with a 30 minute assessment. No formal one-to-one interviews. However, I'm unsure if there would a formal one-to-one interview after the applicant day.

The only thing I'm dreading is the fact that the 'applicant and experience day' could be a selection process for getting a formal one to one interview at a later date.
(edited 6 years ago)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by awardak15
I also wasn't sure until I emailed them. They got back saying that it's more of a in depth open day with a 30 minute assessment. No formal one-to-one interviews. However, I'm unsure if there would a formal one-to-one interview after the applicant day.
The only thing I'm dreading is the fact that the 'applicant and experience day' could be a selection process for getting a formal one to one interview at a later date.

I’m also dreading the same thing!! I too emailed them but was told that we would not have a formal one-on-one interview on the day, but on older tsr posts it sounds like there used to be a formal interview?? Maybe they’ve changed it up this year, or there could be a formal interview after this one?
But thanks for the reply :smile:
Original post by Mimi786**
I’m also dreading the same thing!! I too emailed them but was told that we would not have a formal one-on-one interview on the day, but on older tsr posts it sounds like there used to be a formal interview?? Maybe they’ve changed it up this year, or there could be a formal interview after this one?
But thanks for the reply :smile:

No problemo.
Reply 4
Hey i got a invitation as well, but i have to do some sort of maths exam on the day. They said nothing about an interview
Original post by zumiie
Hey i got a invitation as well, but i have to do some sort of maths exam on the day. They said nothing about an interview

Hi everyone!

In regards to all of the above posts, the applicant and experience day is in around February/March where you will be able to have a tour of the campus, view our accommodation, speak to current students/staff, have sample lectures and complete a 30 minute paper based test.

I hope this helps all of you, but if you do have anymore questions just let us know!

Alice :h:
Food Science Placement Student
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi I have the same problem understanding if its an interview or a 'pharmacy assessment and applicant experience day', as I have one coming up in a few weeks for Reading.
Is there an actual interview?
Original post by sherzsy
Hi I have the same problem understanding if its an interview or a 'pharmacy assessment and applicant experience day', as I have one coming up in a few weeks for Reading.

Hi,

In reference to Alice's Previous Comment, do check what you have been invited to Reading for, it is mostly likely to be an assessment and experience day. During which there will be no interview.
This day is comprised of a paper based test lasting 30 minutes. After this you get to undertake a task with current MPharm students and staff. There is also a tour of facilities and a sample lecture so that you can experience the day as if you were a student.
If you do have more specific questions, do email the admission team directly:
https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx

I hope this helps,

Tom :smile:
Final Year Psychology and Student Ambassador
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by sherzsy

Hey, sorry for the late reply! For me there was no official interview only a group discussion about pharmacy in general
I remember when I was looking into the interview process, a lot of the previous applicants said there would be a one-to-one interview and a few calculations questions but there was none of that! It was very informal and nothing to worry about at all. It was more like an open day to be honest
Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Mimi786**
Hey, sorry for the late reply! For me there was no official interview only a group discussion about pharmacy in general
I remember when I was looking into the interview process, a lot of the previous applicants said there would be a one-to-one interview and a few calculations questions but there was none of that! It was very informal and nothing to worry about at all. It was more like an open day to be honest
Good luck :smile:

Did you have to do an assessment test? if yes was it difficult of gcse level
In my 30 min test, half was ethic questions(what would I do in a situation) and the other half easy gcse maths questions. No interview at all for me
Original post by sherzsy
In my 30 min test, half was ethic questions(what would I do in a situation) and the other half easy gcse maths questions. No interview at all for me

Sherzsy ~ English isn't my first language. I will be doing the assessment online. Do the maths questions have a lot of written text? If yes, do you think someone who has English as a second language would have difficulty understanding the language?
Thanks for any tips!
No not a lot of text, they gave me multiple choice answers. It’s very simple :smile:You’ll understand
Original post by sherzsy
No not a lot of text, they gave me multiple choice answers. It’s very simple :smile:You’ll understand

Now I'm panicing about the ethics' questions!! I assume they just want a short written answer? There aren't multiple choice??
Did you do it online? Are you able to go back and check your answers before you hit submit??
haha so many questions!! :colondollar:
The ethic section is also multiple choice, they give you a list of decisions you could make and rank them from 1-4 of which decisions you would most likely pick in that particular scenario :smile: and it wasn’t online it was on paper, so you can’t check your answers
Original post by sherzsy
The ethic section is also multiple choice, they give you a list of decisions you could make and rank them from 1-4 of which decisions you would most likely pick in that particular scenario :smile: and it wasn’t online it was on paper, so you can’t check your answers

Thanks a million ... I'm an international student so I'll be doing it online.
Can you give an example of the maths questions
Reply 17
I can’t remember exactly what the questions were, but they were pretty simple and nothing to worry about. Just basic multiplication and division, and some fractions I think
Okay thanks. It also says there are questions related to pharmacy, are they only ethics or some biology/chem
Reply 19
No problem 😊 they were just scenario based questions pharmacy ethics

Quick Reply