The Student Room Group

Should I do triple?

I'm in year 11 and the option to pick triple has just come around. I am good at science getting 8,7 in combined and I want to do it at A-level but it is really late and I'm worried about not getting it all as we are still learning new topics. I do 2 subjects that are coursework heavy so I may not have time to revise all of the other subjects.

Please help
I think this is very much so down to you and how hard you think you can work! If you think you'd end up with better overall grades for science if you didn't do triple, then just stick with that. If you think you'd still be able to maintain the top grades, you could definitely consider triple :smile: if not, I wouldn't worry. You will be fine at A level without it, I coped fine and I did a biology degree too!
I'd do it. Pretty sure the grade boundaries are lower in triple so it ends up being easier lol.
Yes,it's very useful for a level especially chemistry!Watch free science lessons on youtube it will help you get the top grade for GCSE science.Because the grade boundaries are low for triple it helps boost your grade for each science subject,so it would be a good idea to do it and it is is very enjoyable.
I am sure if your heart is set on it you wd find ways to learn new topics use kerboodle if you can. Let us know about your decision. No risk no gain
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'd do it. Pretty sure the grade boundaries are lower in triple so it ends up being easier lol.

Is it true ? I thought triple science was much harder as in breadth of topic so it’s not a win win situation

Quick Reply

Latest