The Student Room Group

Starting a GCSE revision YouTube channel?

I would really like to start a revision YouTube channel, like Revision with Eve and UnJaded Jade (if you haven’t seen them, check them out) and honestly I’m unsure because I’m only in Year 10. Although I feel like I’ve got tips to offer, I haven’t done my GCSEs yet so don’t have any grades to prove to people I can help! Any thoughts?
Reply 1
go ahead. that's an amazing idea! personally i love watching revision channels even if they are younger than me (i'm in year 13), you will be helping so many people
Reply 2
Original post by lizaeli
go ahead. that's an amazing idea! personally i love watching revision channels even if they are younger than me (i'm in year 13), you will be helping so many people

Thank you for the encouragement! Have you got any tips on how to persuade my parents that it’s a good idea? My mum in particular is strict with social media so I’m not sure how she’d take it!
Reply 3
Original post by DayEmilia
Thank you for the encouragement! Have you got any tips on how to persuade my parents that it’s a good idea? My mum in particular is strict with social media so I’m not sure how she’d take it!

i too have strict parents (perks of being asian). im not sure how strict they are but why don't you just start of making videos and then once you reach a certain subscriber amount, then tell them..

this may be a really *****y idea tho
Reply 4
Original post by lizaeli
i too have strict parents (perks of being asian). im not sure how strict they are but why don't you just start of making videos and then once you reach a certain subscriber amount, then tell them..

this may be a really *****y idea tho

It’s not a bad idea I just think my mum wouldn’t be more mad if I told her after I’d done it 😂
Reply 5
also how well are your grades in school so far. because your parents may let you do it knowing that you are doing well in school.

or make a deal with them. maybe when your grades go below a certain level then you won't post videos for a bit. or you won't make videos during exam season but then you can focus on youtube the rest of the time
Reply 6
Original post by lizaeli
also how well are your grades in school so far. because your parents may let you do it knowing that you are doing well in school.

or make a deal with them. maybe when your grades go below a certain level then you won't post videos for a bit. or you won't make videos during exam season but then you can focus on youtube the rest of the time

My grades are good in school usually (I hope so)! My targets are all 8s which is stressful! I’ve got that in English, Maths and French already so I guess that’s good?
Reply 7
My grades are good in school usually (I hope so)! My targets are all 8s which is stressful! I’ve got that in English, Maths and French already so I guess that’s good?

for being in year, the 8s are amazing. you must be working hard!
Good luck!! Its good to hear someone willing to take time to help out others, try including motivation comments, revision tips and provide links to helpful websites that might help any year 11:smile:
I would really like to start a revision YouTube channel, like Revision with Eve and UnJaded Jade (if you haven’t seen them, check them out) and honestly I’m unsure because I’m only in Year 10. Although I feel like I’ve got tips to offer, I haven’t done my GCSEs yet so don’t have any grades to prove to people I can help! Any thoughts?

I have a revision youtube channel which I started a few months ago. It is called 2000tubetastic.

Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/2000Tubetastic/videos?disable_polymer=1

I only uploaded one video and my channel only has 82 subscribers and 124 views. I am in Year 12, but I think the best time to start one is during university years because then you will have more experience with GCSE and A-Level and can give more accurate tips for them.
Good luck! Just go along with it like most you tubers then when you feel confident, tell your mum. Go ahead because YouTube is an amazing platform to make videos about GCSE. x :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by lizaeli
for being in year, the 8s are amazing. you must be working hard!

Thank you so much! It means a lot x
Reply 12
Original post by Lilsthebest
Good luck! Just go along with it like most you tubers then when you feel confident, tell your mum. Go ahead because YouTube is an amazing platform to make videos about GCSE. x :wink:

Thank you! X
Reply 13
Original post by Ukvoltaire
I have a revision youtube channel which I started a few months ago. It is called 2000tubetastic.

Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/2000Tubetastic/videos?disable_polymer=1
I only uploaded one video and my channel only has 82 subscribers and 124 views. I am in Year 12, but I think the best time to start one is during university years because then you will have more experience with GCSE and A-Level and can give more accurate tips for them.

I’ll check your channel out! X

Quick Reply

Latest