Please read if you go to nlcs ?!

Watch
lemonpop123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
got accepted into nlcs for september 2018 i know only about 20-25 of us got in, but i was wondering if anyone who goes there could give me some advice on what its like , how to teachers are, how friendly the people are etc as im really nervous !! and if anyone whos going in september wants to talk hmu!
Dregab
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did NCS in 2015, my experience of it was that I didn’t quite click with my group the rest of the wave was alright. I did find it quite draining as I am the type of person who really likes their own company and there isn’t much of that in the 4 weeks that you are there. Especially during the residential weeks. In terms of what the people like it really depends on who is in your wave because that can change, everyone’s not gonna be the same since it is a different set of people.
lemonpop123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Dregab;75793768]I did NCS in 2015, my experience of it was that I didn’t quite click with my group the rest of the wave was alright. I did find it quite draining as I am the type of person who really likes their own company and there isn’t much of that in the 4 weeks that you are there. Especially during the residential weeks. In terms of what the people like it really depends on who is in your wave because that can change, everyone’s not gonna be the same since it is a different set of people. Thanks for replying ! But I meant nlcs as in North London collegiate the school hahah !!
Dregab
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=lemonpop123;75813910]
(Original post by Dregab)
I did NCS in 2015, my experience of it was that I didn’t quite click with my group the rest of the wave was alright. I did find it quite draining as I am the type of person who really likes their own company and there isn’t much of that in the 4 weeks that you are there. Especially during the residential weeks. In terms of what the people like it really depends on who is in your wave because that can change, everyone’s not gonna be the same since it is a different set of people. Thanks for replying ! But I meant nlcs as in North London collegiate the school hahah !!
Oh sorry lol 😂
Susiee02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lemonpop123)
got accepted into nlcs for september 2018 i know only about 20-25 of us got in, but i was wondering if anyone who goes there could give me some advice on what its like , how to teachers are, how friendly the people are etc as im really nervous !! and if anyone whos going in september wants to talk hmu!
Heyy,
Can you please tell me about the interviews? Did they ask questions based on subject knowledge and stuff we have learnt in school or is it just general questions? Are there any tricky questions that I must know? I got passed the entrance exams and are now preparing for the interviews.
Please give me some advice on what to prepare on.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
yellowdrummer123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lemonpop123)
Hey, I was wondering how it went for you as I am going there for sixth form in September 2021 and am a bit nervous!
poptart101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by yellowdrummer123)
Hey, I was wondering how it went for you as I am going there for sixth form in September 2021 and am a bit nervous!
are you actually going there. i am already there now.
Last edited by poptart101; 2 months ago
yellowdrummer123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by poptart101)
are you actually going there. i am already there now.
Yeah, I'm going there in september for sixth form
poptart101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
do you know any of the girls who go there right now?
AmgeTeal
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey! I’m currently in y11 at NLCS - feel free to ask me any questions you have!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (11)
44%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (2)
8%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
8%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (5)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
8%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
12%

Watched Threads