ellieloujonesx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
can i have some practise questions that could be asked in english lit gcse exams for: christmas carol, romeo and juliet, love poetry and inspector calls please
MoulikaS2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try going to the exam board’s website and you will find past papers there.
Angel_Chen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
for poetry, just compare poems and for AIC do questions on characters e.g Shelia's role, the inspector's role, Gerald's change in character etc. and theme questions e.g. how is responsibility presented. there'll be questions online just ask google!
ellieloujonesx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Angel_Chen)
for poetry, just compare poems and for AIC do questions on characters e.g Shelia's role, the inspector's role, Gerald's change in character etc. and theme questions e.g. how is responsibility presented. there'll be questions online just ask google!
thanks this was helpful!
username2840522
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing my GCSEs at the moment and I am studying An Inspector Calls, Much Ado About Nothing, A Christmas Carol and Power and Conflict poetry. This is what has worked for me and was recommended by my teacher: plan essays. You really cannot go wrong and I guarantee that if you plan thoroughly, an essay question you've already prepared for will come up. For the book and the plays, focus on key characters and themes, as these will most likely be the questions, for example in a Christmas Carol, revise key quotes and their relevant analysis for Scrooge, the Ghosts, The Cratchit Family, Fred, etc. and also the themes such as poverty, redemption, Christmas spirit, selfishness etc. Then plan plan plan for anything that could come up, write loads of essays, bother your teacher with marking them and it will be so worth it. I got a grade 9 in my recent mock exam with planning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?