The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DazYaABBB
oh......... and i don't think Jordan is nice at all

Yeh, I get the impression this is just something girls have somehow got in their heads, rather than being strictly true. A bit like how us guys think girls are obsessed with their hair and the size of their bum- no wait, they actually are!:biggrin:
katiesado
Why is there so much pressure on guys to only like beer or straight liquor? Why can't they partake of the yummy girlie mixed drinks like we can? I think it's unfair.

because the girlie yummy mixed drinks are aimed at women and drinkning beer and/or straight spirits is portrayed as more masculine!!! sorry guys!!!
Reply 22
katiesado
Why is there so much pressure on guys to only like beer or straight liquor? Why can't they partake of the yummy girlie mixed drinks like we can? I think it's unfair.

Because beer tastes good. If we (well, I anyway) wanted to drink something that tasted like coke or lemonade we would buy coke or lemonade.
meepmeep
If you ask, we can just listen though (in fact, some of us are fairly good at it if you give us the chance).

Why do guys say sweet things like that on internet forums.....but how often do you meet them in real life and they say something like that?
Reply 24
katiesado

I'd say a "girlie drink" is only a girlie drink if you drink it in girlie quantities, personally! So there y'go.. vodka and coke all round?!

One for the girls; why can't you just take our first answer as final - you look gorgeous and your arse does NOT look big in that skirt, now can we get going?! What's so hard, why do you have to insist that you look a state?! I'd not be with you if you were, DUH! ta!
Reply 25
calumc
Because beer tastes good. If we (well, I anyway) wanted to drink something that tasted like coke or lemonade we would buy coke or lemonade.

But what is better than a coke or a lemonade that could get you smashed as well?
LittleMinx
Why do guys say sweet things like that on internet forums.....but how often do you meet them in real life and they say something like that?

i say sweet things to a girl i'm seeing in real life? um the last time i saw her was about 4 to 5 days ago
Reply 27
LittleMinx

Perhaps it's because we sometimes get to think and reflect on what we're going to say before we say it on an internet forum. When people need instant responses, it's sometimes difficult to instantly pick out the words they need, and some of us just say the first thing that we think is appropriate before thinking and then think, "Oh no. Why did I just come out with that." It's only because we're trying to help by giving what we think is needed by giving a quick response. Perhaps the best thing to do is ignore any words a guy says until 5 seconds after you've finish telling him your problem. I guarantee you, most men will than manage fine. :wink:
Reply 28
katiesado
But what is better than a coke or a lemonade that could get you smashed as well?

Beer.
Reply 29
Sahir

One for the girls; why can't you just take our first answer as final - you look gorgeous and your arse does NOT look big in that skirt, now can we get going?! What's so hard, why do you have to insist that you look a state?! I'd not be with you if you were, DUH! ta!

Picture the scene: you and your girlfriend are about to go out, you're in a rush. She looks a bit of a state but you think it would take ages for her to sort out her make-up and hair if you told her this. Therefore, you tell her she looks beautiful and her arse is of an acceptable size. Understandable, yes?

...Now, how are we supposed to tell when you're doing this, as opposed to when you genuinely mean it? That's right - we go on about it, suggesting things that might be wrong, until you cave.
Reply 30
Trousers
Picture the scene: you and your girlfriend are about to go out, you're in a rush. She looks a bit of a state but you think it would take ages for her to sort out her make-up and hair if you told her this. Therefore, you tell her she looks beautiful and her arse is of an acceptable size. Understandable, yes?

...Now, how are we supposed to tell when you're doing this, as opposed to when you genuinely mean it? That's right - we go on about it, suggesting things that might be wrong, until you cave.

But we know that even if we said 'your makeups a mess and your arse looks big' she would spend the next hour adjusting herself only to emerge looking 99.9% identical.
Reply 31
calumc
But we know that even if we said 'your makeups a mess and your arse looks big' she would spend the next hour adjusting herself only to emerge looking 99.9% identical.

Trust me what you do with make up and clothes doesn't really change you in mens eyes, your still georgeous!!

What you think we like getting slapped?? Well apart from a mate of mine who has created a whole new fetish about it!! :biggrin:
Reply 32
SciFi25
Trust me what you do with make up and clothes doesn't really change you in mens eyes, your still georgeous!!

What you think we like getting slapped?? Well apart from a mate of mine who has created a whole new fetish about it!! :biggrin:

Girls are too obsessed with detail. If they get one spot or their hairs a little bit out of place they'll sulk for hours thinking they suddenly look minging! Unless you actually look like you've been dragged face down through a rainforest by your ankles for a week, you probably look pretty much the same to a guy!
Reply 33
Trousers
She looks a bit of a state but you think it would take ages for her to sort out her make-up and hair if you told her this. Therefore, you tell her she looks beautiful and her arse is of an acceptable size. Understandable, yes?

The majority of blokes wouldn't notice the difference unless you seriously did something drastically different, tied it up or something.. plus it makes little difference, maybe guys' brains work on a whole lot more simple level - you can't suddenly stop being gorgeous overnight just because of one lock of hair that's slightly in the wrong place! It's gonna get blown all over the place when you go out in the wind anyhoo!
Reply 34
I've actually (this is fucked up) had a bf criticize me for not spending ENOUGH time on my make up or attention to detail.
Reply 35
katiesado
I've actually (this is fucked up) had a bf criticize me for not spending ENOUGH time on my make up or attention to detail.

What? Was he gay or something?
Reply 36
katiesado

Then he's a donkey.

Heh no seriously, sometimes a guy needs to feel that he's worth putting in the effort to look really extra-special nice for. Only if you're going on a proper proper date though, not just to the pub, that'd just be silly.
Reply 37
Sahir
The majority of blokes wouldn't notice the difference unless you seriously did something drastically different, tied it up or something.. plus it makes little difference, maybe guys' brains work on a whole lot more simple level - you can't suddenly stop being gorgeous overnight just because of one lock of hair that's slightly in the wrong place! It's gonna get blown all over the place when you go out in the wind anyhoo!

I wouldn't have said it was 'cos we think on a simpler level, more just a different way around. If I see a girl as good looking, provided she doesn't do something DRASTIC I dont like (like shave all her hair off) I'll still see her as good looking even if she looks slightly different. Girls seem to think they always have to look the same (as close to their own idea of 'perfect' presumably) in order to look good.
Reply 38
calumc
What? Was he gay or something?

I did wonder about that from time to time. He does have issues.

*sigh* the best boyfriends were the ones who gasped when I came into the room after getting ready. There can be no better compliment.
Reply 39
katiesado
I did wonder about that from time to time. He does have issues.

*sigh* the best boyfriends were the ones who gasped when I came into the room after getting ready. There can be no better compliment.

Well, I was actually kidding... but I guess it shows you stereotypes aren't always wrong!:tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending