The Student Room Group

What to buy?!?

Hi all,

So over the next few months my mum wants to start helping me buy stuff to move into Uni accommodation with (we can’t afford to buy everything at once and it’s also too much to emotionally handle in one go bless her soul)

SOOOO what sort of things would I need in general accommodation? I went on an accommodation tour at University Centre Shrewsbury and they said I need to bring “soft furnishings” but I’m CLUELESS as to what that means :’)

So far I’ve got towels and a duvet (single as my current is a double) but I don’t know what else, any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

-Court xox
Kitchen stuff, plastic pots for food, an iron, storage boxes, stationery. I bought a printer too. A clothes airer, hangers, laundry basket, washing powder, desk lamp. A lot of stuff you can take from home - I took my kitchen stuff pretty much all from home plus books and stuff too. Don't bring everything because you won't use it. I brought so much stuff with me and it is just sat taking up space. Don't bring all your clothes or your shoes or your DvDs and books. Don't bring lots of clutter like photos or ornaments. Bring some but bringing everything just takes up space.
Thought you'd find this video useful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTdhBNqZJ8
I actually sell items for uni on my website; any improvements just say:
unistocks.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending