The Student Room Group

A-level student career route advice needed

FFFFF
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Celtic00
I am 17 from Ireland, I am in my first year of A-levels studying B-Tec sport(Equivalent to 3 A levels) and politics. In the future I am interested in becoming a football coach and finding employment abroad. My current plan was to finish A-levels, get into a physical education degree and become a PE teacher whilst I do my coaching badges in university and then have a teaching job as a back up option to coaching.

I am also interested in barbering and it's very frustrating not having muchmoney still in school, I do not feel I could manage a job until the summer with my current work load. Do you think it would be a good idea to pursue my current path or should I train to become a barber which would pay well and in the end I would get a job out of it, this would give me more time to focus on studying football and my coaching badges whilst also giving me the financial means to pay for them and if I should change? How would I go about explaining to my father I want to leave school who has high expectations for me to go to university etc. Any help or advice would be appreciated, cheers.

Before you do it then at least talk to some barbers and a careers adviser. Imo I would stay in school till 18 and get good grades in your BTEC so you could go to uni if you changed your mind in the future and then become a barber.

Makes no sense to give up free education at the moment as it will take years and thousands to mend that situation in future.

Get DDD or near in your BTEC and then you will have options.

Quick Reply

Latest