Harri363
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I go Coventry university and I'm in my first year. I currently travel from Birmingham to get there. I've not really had a good student experience from doing so and kinda wished I did. I could go into a hall as there's one free I can take over from but the city itself is pretty dead and would kinda think that I would regret doing that. Because even compared to my local town centre outside central birmingham, Coventry is dead with nothing really going on and barely any attractions. So my question is would it even be possible for someone to switch Uni entirely half way through the year? There are some people who want out of the halls here in Coventry so I'm guessing there's some in Leicester.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harri363)
I go Coventry university and I'm in my first year. I currently travel from Birmingham to get there. I've not really had a good student experience from doing so and kinda wished I did. I could go into a hall as there's one free I can take over from but the city itself is pretty dead and would kinda think that I would regret doing that. Because even compared to my local town centre outside central birmingham, Coventry is dead with nothing really going on and barely any attractions. So my question is would it even be possible for someone to switch Uni entirely half way through the year? There are some people who want out of the halls here in Coventry so I'm guessing there's some in Leicester.
The modules,content and exams/coursework and marking would have to be identical. I have never heard of a case of someone transferring after Christmas.

Read the op of the Transfer faq at the top of the Applications and UCAS forum.
username1294428
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You’d have to contact the university about that. They’ll be the ones who can advise you on this the best.

Keep in mind, as someone said above, the modules you are doing now would have to be either similar or the same as ones dmu does in year of the course you wish to transfer to.
Liz9811
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Harri363)
Hey, I'm thinking of doing the same. Have you had any luck with this? If so, I'd be interested in how you went about the process of transfering.
LB19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also want to transfer to another uni now. But for me said that it’s possible only after first year will be finished.. Maybe it’s possible to have serious reason to transfer? Amd what that reason can be?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LB19)
I also want to transfer to another uni now. But for me said that it’s possible only after first year will be finished.. Maybe it’s possible to have serious reason to transfer? Amd what that reason can be?
The problem isn't with your reasons - it is that modules of two different universities are not identical so you can't just swap during the year. Even at the end of the year there is a detailed process to make sure the modules for the years are close enough to allow a transfer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (70)
55.56%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (15)
11.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (18)
14.29%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (8)
6.35%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
6.35%

Watched Threads