The Student Room Group

I don't have a C in Maths GCSE, what is the best option for me?

I'm 25, a mature student, graduating next year and want to apply for a PGCE after.

I got a D in Maths not a C for entry requirements.

Should I teach myself from a book and book the exam privately? Or do an online course? Or perhaps an equivalent to GCSE?
Original post by lokalokaloka
I'm 25, a mature student, graduating next year and want to apply for a PGCE after.

Should I teach myself from a book and book the exam privately? Or do an online course? Or perhaps an equivalent to GCSE?

Either.If you want it in place quickly then its whichever method suits you. teach yourself or buy an online course.

Also check if your uni provides any help although thats often only with English. Online courses tend to be c £250-300.
http://www.cloudlearn.co.uk/Course/Online-GCSE-Maths-Course/101

The alternative is to buy textbooks amd just work through those, Pay a maths student as a cheap tutor for areas you dont understand.

the fee for the exam will be a fee for the exam board and a fee to the exam centre for each paper.

I would go for GCSE and not functional skills.

Don't do an equiv course to GCSE as you'll find its pretty much useless. As above, if you want to take an exam this summer then you will prob have to book it
privately this late n the year. If there's no rush then the best option might be a November resit cohort as this wouldn't clash too much with uni and you can practice over the summer.
Do you have a local college that does evening classes? I’m resisting my maths and doing one Tuesday a week. Mine was free as I got a D grade.

Gcse is not difficult. Get a cgp book and YouTube.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending