Which one?
ageshallnot
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which one?
The one you were going to apply to, but changed your mind at the last minute...

Posted from TSR Mobile
BWN18
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You pretty much have an equivalent chance of getting into Cambridge no matter what college you apply to, as there is the pool where other colleges can pick you from if your college can't take you but considers you a good applicant. That said, Downing admits the most lawyers (around 14) but has a lot of applicants. Kings is probably the most competitive.
username3583254
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
There's not much difference in chance of success as a consequence of the pool. Trinity Hall might be of interest to however you since it was established as a legal college and has a long history of educating lawyers.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Which is the most "snooty " when it comes to applicants? Which one will only submit people with 10A*'s at GCSE and 5A*'s at A level and which one will be more lenient? Would it just make more sense to make an open application?
username3583254
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which is the most "snooty " when it comes to applicants? Which one will only submit people with 10A*'s at GCSE and 5A*'s at A level and which one will be more lenient? Would it just make more sense to make an open application?
Basically all colleges want the same grades. There's very few examples of particular colleges being more demanding than the rest - Trinity for Maths is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't see the point of an open application. You might as well choose one that you like even if you don't think about it too hard. The statistics show that there genuinely is no easy or hard way to get an offer in a given subject. You might be more likely to be pooled if you apply to Trinity but you won't be less likely to get an offer.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (238)
91.54%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.46%

Watched Threads