The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a foundation Year 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
could I get added aswell, 07872 323530
Hi does anyone know if all the offers have been given out??
Reply 82
Original post by katexxboo
Yh! What’s your number I’ll add u in, it’s on whatsapp! :smile:

Can you add me too please 07964059763
Hello everyone :smile:

Congratulations on getting your offer at UEA - I'm currently a 3rd year medical student so if you have any burning questions or want more a student perspective on things please ask away!

Task UEA Official UG Rep
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep

Congratulations on getting your offer at UEA - I'm currently a 3rd year medical student so if you have any burning questions or want more a student perspective on things please ask away!

Task UEA Official UG Rep

Hey what is type of contents that you learn in foundation year, and how different is it from A-Levels, and what is the percentage of students going from foundation year to year 1 of Mbbs. Thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep

Task UEA Official UG Rep

How common is it to gain an offer if on the waiting list? If you were rejected (and was on the waiting list), is there a chance of uea emailing an offer at results day if there are spare places?
Reply 86
Original post by katexxboo
Yh! What’s your number I’ll add u in, it’s on whatsapp! :smile:

I got an offer - can you add me? 07825742700
Original post by Trojanhacker
Hey what is type of contents that you learn in foundation year, and how different is it from A-Levels, and what is the percentage of students going from foundation year to year 1 of Mbbs. Thanks :smile:

I personally didn't do foundation year but I have some close friends who did, so I asked them for you. The content is similar to A-level standard but there are additional elements to the course that would help prepare you for becoming a medical student. For example, you would still have PBL like we do and focus on different body systems and explore the basics e.g. respiratory, gastroenterology, orthopaedics.

I will get back to you on the percentage of students once I have a reply from the medical school :smile:

Original post by Animotion712
How common is it to gain an offer if on the waiting list? If you were rejected (and was on the waiting list), is there a chance of uea emailing an offer at results day if there are spare places?

There is always a chance that they'd offer you a place which is the basis of the waiting list as the medical school have to fill a certain number of places. Unfortunately, I'm only a student and have no part in the admissions process so I couldn't tell you the likelihood or anything along the lines, sorry!
Got rejected :frown: Gonna take a gap year and reaply for medicine at a different uni
Original post by Trojanhacker

So I've found out the figures:

2014/15 entry: 92.3%
2015/16 entry: 88.9%
2016/17 entry: 92.3%

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 90
Hi guys, I'm a current foundation year student and happy to answer any of your questions :smile:
Original post by paz5526
Hi guys, I'm a current foundation year student and happy to answer any of your questions :smile:

Can i reapply next year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending