illegaltobepoor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hiya, looking for a possible computer science Top up degree from dipHE to Honours.

My current course is a OU computing diploma heavy in Python, C & Java, Robotics & web design.

Anyone know how to search for top up degree other than googling?
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
Hiya, looking for a possible computer science Top up degree from dipHE to Honours.

My current course is a OU computing diploma heavy in Python, C & Java, Robotics & web design.

Dont think there is an easy access list of top up IT degrees. I would just get on with it and contact the unis direct. Higher level unis tend to be less interested in top up courses amd lower ones more flexible. A pointer might be if they do HNC/ HND themselves.

I would just pick my top 20 and contact them. If you find an easy list then post back.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)

Why not just complete the OU degree?

Alternatively https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...tancePostcode=

It's a UCAS course search for Top Up degrees in the IT subject area. I don't see any "Top 20" universities but could be wrong.
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Why not just complete the OU degree?

Alternatively https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...tancePostcode=

It's a UCAS course search for Top Up degrees in the IT subject area. I don't see any "Top 20" universities but could be wrong.
There are only 20 Id just get on with it.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
There are only 20 Id just get on with it.
By which measure is the OP assessing their "top 20"?

But I still think completing their degree via the OU is the better bet - and then a brick MSc (pretty much any brick uni will take them if they have a 1st or good 2:1) if they really want that additional level of "credibility".

Although all employers greatly value an OU degree on it's own merits anyway.
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
By which measure is the OP assessing their "top 20"?

But I still think completing their degree via the OU is the better bet - and then a brick MSc (pretty much any brick uni will take them if they have a 1st or good 2:1) if they really want that additional level of "credibility".

I was thinking they just got bored with distance learning.
You ups are quite niche and not always offered.

Youve also got the question of compatibility. Anyway good luck to the OP and see you have it in hand.
Synchronous
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't intend to grammar police or be annoying, but I've seen this more than once now - "its" is the possessive form, not "it's".
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Synchronous)
I don't intend to grammar police or be annoying, but I've seen this more than once now - "its" is the possessive form, not "it's".
Thank's

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads