The Student Room Group

Booking keeping jobs

Hi

I just received an offer for a book keeping job

I graduated this January and have applied to multiple graduate schemes and I ave not heard anything back yet

Do you think I should take the offer or is it worth waiting for the graduate schemes?

I have 9 exemptions from ACCA and have started making preparations for my final 6 exams so I just really need the experience to become a chartered accountant, is book keeping really worth it as it does deal with the accounting side too
Reply 1
Original post by H Khan
Hi

I just received an offer for a book keeping job

I graduated this January and have applied to multiple graduate schemes and I ave not heard anything back yet

Do you think I should take the offer or is it worth waiting for the graduate schemes?

I have 9 exemptions from ACCA and have started making preparations for my final 6 exams so I just really need the experience to become a chartered accountant, is book keeping really worth it as it does deal with the accounting side too

You say you graduated this January - do you mean you have just graduated?

Why not take the job and resign if you get a grad scheme? The only difficulty would be if you need lots of time for interviews.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
You say you graduated this January - do you mean you have just graduated?

Why not take the job and resign if you get a grad scheme? The only difficulty would be if you need lots of time for interviews.

I had a late graduation in January 2018 because I was ill for a few exams. I missed the graduate scheme I got on to that started in September 2017 because I had to redo my exams. I received my grade in the middle of November and started applying to graduate schemes for September 2018, I ave had a few interviews but still waiting for replies from most. I’m not sure if I should go into it because I ave been told if I accept a job offer I shouldn’t leave the company for 2 years min because it shows I have no loyalty and companies don’t like staff leaving because it shows I could also leave there company if they hire me. Also I ave done some research and graduates who went into booking keeping find it hard getting into graduate schemes or any other type of work at all because they only understand the basics of accounting

Sorry about the bad grammar. Im using an old phone so can't see all the text
Reply 3
Original post by H Khan
I had a late graduation in January 2018 because I was ill for a few exams. I missed the graduate scheme I got on to that started in September 2017 because I had to redo my exams. I received my grade in the middle of November and started applying to graduate schemes for September 2018, I ave had a few interviews but still waiting for replies from most. I’m not sure if I should go into it because I ave been told if I accept a job offer I shouldn’t leave the company for 2 years min because it shows I have no loyalty and companies don’t like staff leaving because it shows I could also leave there company if they hire me. Also I ave done some research and graduates who went into booking keeping find it hard getting into graduate schemes or any other type of work at all because they only understand the basics of accounting

Sorry about the bad grammar. Im using an old phone so can't see all the text

Why not look for some temping work in that case? You must have a decent chance of grad schemes if you've had offers before. Are you based somewhere with a decent range of opportunities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending