ahmiing
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've received 4 offers out of 5 from different universities and all I have left is to hear from Sussex. I really want to go here for uni but all my other offers have replied back quickly, so I'm slightly worried and scared that Sussex has rejected me. Is it a good or bad sign they are taking their time? need some reassurance!
username3661036
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where else have you applied?
KeirCKF
Badges: 13
Report 2 years ago
Some unis are just slow...
here's a list of my offer(postgraduate):
Loughbourgh 16hrs
Nottingham 1 month
Warwick pending
Royal Holloway 2 week
Sussex 1 week
Aston 1 month (I have not even completed the application LOL)
Essex 1 month

I forgot the rest I have applied a lot of unis....
Lawyerz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied in October for all my unis and got 4/5 offers by December but Exeter didn't get back to me til March!

it just normally depends on what theyre sifting process is like... no news is probably good news for now though!
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you would have found out if they rejected you, just be patient im sure they will get back to you
ahmiing
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alfaz Brepotra)
Where else have you applied?
I have applied to UWE, Gloucestershire, Brighton, Bath Spa, and Sussex! All have an offer just waiting and hoping to hear from Sussex quickly. I applied at the start of November.
ahmiing
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lawyerz)
I applied in October for all my unis and got 4/5 offers by December but Exeter didn't get back to me til March!

it just normally depends on what theyre sifting process is like... no news is probably good news for now though!
thankyou this gives me plenty of reassurance!!! What are you studying?
anna_00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's ok! I applied in October and got my final offer only last week - you're still in the game
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ahmiing)
I've received 4 offers out of 5 from different universities and all I have left is to hear from Sussex. I really want to go here for uni but all my other offers have replied back quickly, so I'm slightly worried and scared that Sussex has rejected me. Is it a good or bad sign they are taking their time? need some reassurance!
No news simply means they haven't decided. It doesn't make a rejection more or less likely. Indeed many don't hear until March.

Congratulations on your 4 offers!

Which course have you applied for?
ahmiing
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alfaz Brepotra)
Why didn’t you apply to any Russel group universities. Out of the 5, Sussex does have the best reputation.
My sister got rejected from a Russel group and she had amazing grades, and I do not have the best grades so I was honestly scared of getting rejected and didn't want to waste a spot out of my choices for another uni who would accept me. Honestly, it was down to my overall confidence.
ahmiing
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
No news simply means they haven't decided. It doesn't make a rejection more or less likely. Indeed many don't hear until March.

Congratulations on your 4 offers!

Which course have you applied for?
thankyou!! I can stop panicking now! I have applied for criminology
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thankyou!! I can stop panicking now! I have applied for criminology
That has an 86% offer rate at Sussex. Assuming you are on target to meet their entry requirements you can relax and await the offer

https://university.which.co.uk/unive...0-l311-A22-I81
Lawyerz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thankyou this gives me plenty of reassurance!!! What are you studying?
I'm now studying law
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KeirCKF)
Some unis are just slow...
here's a list of my offer(postgraduate):
Loughbourgh 16hrs
Nottingham 1 month
Warwick pending
Royal Holloway 2 week
Sussex 1 week
Aston 1 month (I have not even completed the application LOL)
Essex 1 month

I forgot the rest I have applied a lot of unis....
Students can only apply to 5 undergrad courses and the process is somewhat different to postgrad
fairplaytoyou
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't worry too much - I'm currently studying at Sussex and a few UCAS cycles ago they took ages to reply to me, whereas my friends got offers very quickly!
ahmiing
Rep:
?
QUOTE=fairplaytoyou;75813638]I wouldn't worry too much - I'm currently studying at Sussex and a few UCAS cycles ago they took ages to reply to me, whereas my friends got offers very quickly![/QUOTE]

Ahh that's good to hear that is literally the same story for me! Haven't heard anything back from them yet which is slightly worrying as my mum keeps going on about me for student finance, but I cant do that yet until I have heard back from Sussex!! very anxious!! two of my sisters didn't hear back from one uni at all so im slightly worried this will be the case for me now as it has been 2 months!! not too sure what to think
ahmiing
Rep:
?
UPDATE: just received a conditional offer from Sussex after waiting 3 months!!! very happy!!☺️
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
congratulations!!
princebhatia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try other universities..
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by princebhatia)
Try other universities..
Why? They now have the offer they wanted - see above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
29.94%
No (337)
70.06%

Watched Threads