sowda14
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don’t know why but I can’t stop panic and having breakdowns about my GCSEs I am predicted 8 in maths physics chemistry biology history and English language a 7 in English literature and French and A*/A in business studies and DT. I know this may sound cocky but I never revised EVER and done well so far but in Year 11 I can’t stop freaking out about GCSEs and it making my so sad I don’t know how where to start revision for any of my subject espically english lit (quote) and maths as in my mocks u did not do as well as I wanted (6s) I go to Maths on Monday’s English on Tuesday I go science on wednesdays and Fridays and I go tuition on Saturdays and Thursdays and I have lessons on Sunday everyday I am so tired and I look at others boasting about how much revision they have done and it makes my so mad at myself I have no idea where to start with any of my subject and I can’t stop freaking out and teacher are not making it any better by acting like countdowns in feel like I am running out of time.

Pls help and give my tips on how to stop stressing and how to revise better for my subject epsically maths English and science
completecretin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sowda14)
I don’t know why but I can’t stop panic and having breakdowns about my GCSEs I am predicted 8 in maths physics chemistry biology history and English language a 7 in English literature and French and A*/A in business studies and DT. I know this may sound cocky but I never revised EVER and done well so far but in Year 11 I can’t stop freaking out about GCSEs and it making my so sad I don’t know how where to start revision for any of my subject espically english lit (quote) and maths as in my mocks u did not do as well as I wanted (6s) I go to Maths on Monday’s English on Tuesday I go science on wednesdays and Fridays and I go tuition on Saturdays and Thursdays and I have lessons on Sunday everyday I am so tired and I look at others boasting about how much revision they have done and it makes my so mad at myself I have no idea where to start with any of my subject and I can’t stop freaking out and teacher are not making it any better by acting like countdowns in feel like I am running out of time.

Pls help and give my tips on how to stop stressing and how to revise better for my subject epsically maths English and science
First thing to do is create a timetable. Work out how much time you want to dedicate to each subject and when. Organisation is key.
Be conscious of the fact that stressing that much will actually cause you to perform worse.
Only you can decide how to revise best. My teachers gave me advice for years that caused me to perform worse. I ended up just reading (works for me).
tonedown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Teachers aren't really supposed to tell you this, but not everyone needs to revise early for GCSEs. Sure, it helps, but if you're smart (which it seems you are by your grades) starting now would be fine too. As long as you revise properly I'm sure you can do it!
sowda14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thank you for the advice but I can’t seem to find time to revise and after school I’m so tired and it feels like I have so much to do and not enough time but I will reallly try to make a timetable like u said I think it will calm me down hopefully

Do u have an tips on how to revise lit quote because I don’t know how
max_dj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sowda14)
thank you for the advice but I can’t seem to find time to revise and after school I’m so tired and it feels like I have so much to do and not enough time but I will reallly try to make a timetable like u said I think it will calm me down hopefully

Do u have an tips on how to revise lit quote because I don’t know how
To learn literature quotes I do Look, Cover, Write, Check for a certain character or theme each time. It doesn't take much time to do either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (237)
60.93%
No (81)
20.82%
Not sure (71)
18.25%

Watched Threads