Nursing degree then medicine. Tuition loan funding???

Watch
Ma0118
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently studying nursing which is government funded but hoping to apply to medicine (undergrad or grad entry) and was wondering what my options are for funding as I technically haven’t taken out a tuition fee loan for my first degree? I called student finance and they didn’t really give me a straight answer. They said “any degree leading to becoming a doctor you can apply for tuition fee loan for” but I’ve spoken to people who have said definitely not tuition fee loan for second degrees????
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ma0118)
I am currently studying nursing which is government funded but hoping to apply to medicine (undergrad or grad entry) and was wondering what my options are for funding as I technically haven’t taken out a tuition fee loan for my first degree? I called student finance and they didn’t really give me a straight answer. They said “any degree leading to becoming a doctor you can apply for tuition fee loan for” but I’ve spoken to people who have said definitely not tuition fee loan for second degrees????
You will get funded if you get on a four year course. But you won't on a 5 year course, as it is your second degree (regardless of whether you took out loans or not).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (218)
33.8%
No (427)
66.2%

Watched Threads