The Student Room Group

Any good sites to help revise French apart from Duolingo/Languages Online/Quizlet?

Hey guys,

French is one of my weakest topics and I really want to revise as much as possible for my GCSEs. I'm currently in Year 11, and I'm sitting the 9-1 test this May/June. Are there any good sites for revision apart from Duolingo / Languages Online / Quizlet / Memrise which are good for revising?
(edited 6 years ago)
Memrise
Reply 2
Original post by PredictableParadigmShift
Memrise

Ahh forgot to add this as well, I use it :smile:
Don't bother using those sites instead just watch movies in French with eng subs. The new GCSE was designed to have more realistic content, so basically content from everyday life. My suggestion is to watch your favourite movies in French for preparing for the listening.
For speaking, now prepare for this. Every time you say something or talking about a topic, try to translate what you have said. If you can't write it down and research it later, you see to get a grade 9 you need to look comfortable with the language.
For reading just read French newspapers or books and try to translate some bits, I'm sure there is a translating question on a paper.
And finally for the writing which is probably the hardest, start from the verbs. Having a wide range of verbs in the past, future and present will guarantee you a grade 9. After you are secure with that start by learning everyday vocabulary like flower, house, friends etc...
😊
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending