7.14%
Who is Trump? (1)
7.14%
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If Trump was president during world war II, would he have sided with Hitler or just stayed neutral and left Britain to fight the Axis?
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you know Trump at all you would know that is not a question that needs to be asked. Do you think the Pope is Catholic?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would leader of the biggest and most powerful democratic country in the world attack a non democratic country that is destabilizing all of Europe and threatening the UK.

Hmm.
ayyyy.x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep without not hesitation
The Rising
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think he would side with him temporarily, the question is who would turn on who first
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Maker)
If Trump was president during world war II, would he have sided with Hitler or just stayed neutral and left Britain to fight the Axis?
I think the only thing other countries wold have in common with Hitler would be that they would all be against him.
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think there's a basic misunderstanding of history here.... the Germans during ww2 declared war on the US... not the other way around.

Not that they didn't want to join the war on the side of the allies, just they lacked public support. Thus the best they could do early on was the lend lease programme. The whole pearl harbour issue partially sorted this out, but germany 'could' of stayed out of Japans war with the USA just like how Japan stayed out of Germany's war with the USSR.

Weirdly enough, nazi germany pressuring the Japanese to fight Russia over conquering china (which would still help japanese goals) would of probably meant the collapse of the USSR in my personal opinion.
yankeedog1953
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trump would have fought Hitler and he would have loved being a war time President. If you havent noticed, Trump loves a fight and he has spent his entire adult life in conflicts with business adversaries and taking chances. I think he and Churchill would have made a good team.
anonbritbong
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly I think Trump would've joined the war on the side of Britain even earlier than FDR did in the war. I think big Don values the "special relationship" in UK-US relations more, and he's quite an impulsive chap, so eh.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't see any real reason to suggest any action other then what actually happened. Trump is a protectionist who puts america first, so I can see him wanting to remian outside the conflict, until it escalates to a point where it is in america's interest to get involved.

I don't think he would do this out of ideological reasons, or out of the desire to save europe for the sake of europe.. but rather for the bennifit of america.

(its also worth noting that the Uk was the same.. we did not fight germany to end the holocaust and do defate nazism... we faught germany out of the interest of the UK and our allies/position in the world)
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trump would claim to have a minor medical ailment and leave the fighting to real men.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (43)
32.33%
No (68)
51.13%
Don't know (22)
16.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise