username3748656
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I'm in Year 12 and I'm doing mocks for A-Level Sociology.

I'm set with a 30 marker that's found in an AS Level, as far as my teacher has told me the 30 markers in AS and A-Level structure are similar.

With that said, I'm unsure on how to structure 30 markers and would appreciate some advice or tips.

If it's of interest, this is the question we are to be assessed on.

> QUESTION: Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess the importance of cultural factors in causing social class differences in educational achievement.

> ITEM: According to some sociologists, cultural factors are the most important cause of social class differences in educational achievement. In their view, there are deep-rooted differences between working-class and middle-class subcultures. For example, they argue that working-class subculture encourages fatalism and collectivism, whereas middle-class subculture encourages individuals to be achievement-oriented. Such subcultural differences originate in the home, but they are reinforced through peer groups. However, critics claim that the importance of such cultural factors has been overstated. Instead, they argue that material factors in pupils’ home background are the key to understanding class differences in achievement

Thank you for your help in advance.
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I've moved this into the Sociology forum for you Hopefully someone can help you out here.
username3748656
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi! I've moved this into the Sociology forum for you Hopefully someone can help you out here.
o thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (188)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.09%
I still don't know (93)
16.52%

Watched Threads