The Student Room Group

Got a distinction in English speaking assessment -- but I didn't take it.

This is a bit late as I got my GCSE results last summer, but I only just noticed on the English Language column I have a 'D' (distinction) for the speaking assessment... even though I remember distinctly opting to not take it.

What is this? Has someone tampered with my results?
Original post by damp rag
This is a bit late as I got my GCSE results last summer, but I only just noticed on the English Language column I have a 'D' (distinction) for the speaking assessment... even though I remember distinctly opting to not take it.

Why does it matter? Your school obviously faked your result to the exam board to get you a better grade, which is good for you and good for their statistics. It's like moaning about being given birthday money.
Reply 2
Hey!
Thanks for letting us know. My team will trace your web footprint right away and find the school that is responsible for this. Thank you for being so open/selfless!

Each school had to give out a certain amount of passes, merits and distinctions (proportionately). Students opting not to take the Spoken Language assessment were forgotten about until the end where teachers/exam officers realised they have given out too many passes or merits or distinctions so had to give the students who opted out whatever grades they hadn't awarded enough. So you were just lucky they randomly picked you to have a distinction.
Original post by Aknwsfg
Hey!
Thanks for letting us know. My team will trace your web footprint right away and find the school that is responsible for this. Thank you for being so open/selfless!

Lol why so snide? Hope I didn't touch a nerve or something
Reply 5
Lol why so snide? Hope I didn't touch a nerve or something

LOL. What is sarcasm if it isn't snide? It's weak, that's what it is.
Take the damn distinction and gerroutta here mehn.:colonhash:
You shouldn't have been given the option to not take the speaking and listening assessment. The exam board rules are clear that anyone who does not complete this unit cannot receive a grade for English Language.
The school might be able to argue that they assessed you in a classroom situation, rather than during a formal task such as a speech. Maybe you got the grade for giving a strong argument about why you should not take part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending