morassfatuous03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys!
I am planning to do aeronautical engineering at the universities. For that, chemistry is not mandatory yet, desired. But I am taking Chemistry in IB. But, I need to choose between chemistry hl and sl. I am not a native english speaker, so I am not confident about taking English Language and Literature HL. However, I also dont want to take Chemistry HL, as I am already taking harder subjects like Maths HL and Physics HL.
So which one should I take, chemistry hl or english hl? Which one is supposedly harder?
PLease help!!!!
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tagging wolfmoon88 for insights
nunu10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by morassfatuous03)
Hey guys!
I am planning to do aeronautical engineering at the universities. For that, chemistry is not mandatory yet, desired. But I am taking Chemistry in IB. But, I need to choose between chemistry hl and sl. I am not a native english speaker, so I am not confident about taking English Language and Literature HL. However, I also dont want to take Chemistry HL, as I am already taking harder subjects like Maths HL and Physics HL.
So which one should I take, chemistry hl or english hl? Which one is supposedly harder?
PLease help!!!!
Chemistry is definitely harder than English. However, if it's gonna be beneficial to your future studies/career it might be worth taking, especially if your english isn't strong. I should warn you though that Maths Physics and Chem HL are some of the hardest subjects, but if you work hard and are motivated/enjoy the subjects, you should be fine!
wolfmoon88
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys!
PLease help!!!!
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Tagging wolfmoon88 for insights
Thank you for the mention

Chemistry HL is definitely more difficult than English Lang Lit HL (however since you aren't a native speaker, the difficulty may somewhat be negated and it may be on a similar level...), however it would definitely be beneficial if you take double science/maths if you are looking to apply to an engineer related course. The bottom line is which course do you think will benefit you the most in terms of your future course choice and at the sane time balancing the coursework so you can maximise the score you get as well. Personally, I would say take Chemistry HL as it is desired even though it is not mandatory. Would also ask if it's lang lit A or lang lit B because which course does make a difference.
morassfatuous03
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Thank you for the mention

Chemistry HL is definitely more difficult than English Lang Lit HL (however since you aren't a native speaker, the difficulty may somewhat be negated and it may be on a similar level...), however it would definitely be beneficial if you take double science/maths if you are looking to apply to an engineer related course. The bottom line is which course do you think will benefit you the most in terms of your future course choice and at the sane time balancing the coursework so you can maximise the score you get as well. Personally, I would say take Chemistry HL as it is desired even though it is not mandatory. Would also ask if it's lang lit A or lang lit B because which course does make a difference.
Hi! Thank you so much for the reply!!
I was talking about Eng lang and lit A, which I presume is much harder than language and literature B?? Also, taking into accounts of everyone's advices, i have decided to take Chemistry at HL , regardless of how hard it is. It can be chalenging, but I think I am up for it!!! Thank you once again!
wolfmoon88
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Thank you so much for the reply!!
I was talking about Eng lang and lit A, which I presume is much harder than language and literature B?? Also, taking into accounts of everyone's advices, i have decided to take Chemistry at HL , regardless of how hard it is. It can be chalenging, but I think I am up for it!!! Thank you once again!
Lang and Lit A is definitely harder than B :yep:

Good luck with HL Chemistry, doing double science plus maths HL is a lot of organisational effort + hardwork but I'm sure you are up for it

No problem glad to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
morassfatuous03
Rep:
?
(Original post by nunu10)
Chemistry is definitely harder than English. However, if it's gonna be beneficial to your future studies/career it might be worth taking, especially if your english isn't strong. I should warn you though that Maths Physics and Chem HL are some of the hardest subjects, but if you work hard and are motivated/enjoy the subjects, you should be fine!
Hi!! Thanks for replying!
I have decided to take Chemistry at HL, despite knowing how hard it can get. Thanks for the advice!!!
nunu10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!! Thanks for replying!
I have decided to take Chemistry at HL, despite knowing how hard it can get. Thanks for the advice!!!
No problem, hope everything goes well!
morassfatuous03
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Lang and Lit A is definitely harder than B :yep:

Good luck with HL Chemistry, doing double science plus maths HL is a lot of organisational effort + hardwork but I'm sure you are up for it

No problem glad to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi again!!
Do you have any advice for me as to which subject I should choose from the group 3 (individuals and societies) subjects? Preferably, among economics, philosophy, and psychology. I do not have any prior experience in any of these subjects so.... Also, will it be a bad choice if I choose English Literature and performance SL from group 1 subjects?
Hehe, I feel so lost!!

Thank you in advance!
wolfmoon88
Report 2 years ago
Hi again!!
Do you have any advice for me as to which subject I should choose from the group 3 (individuals and societies) subjects? Preferably, among economics, philosophy, and psychology. I do not have any prior experience in any of these subjects so.... Also, will it be a bad choice if I choose English Literature and performance SL from group 1 subjects?
Hehe, I feel so lost!!

Thank you in advance!
I would suggest psychology from the 3 you mentioned (I took SL psychology myself and it wasn't too difficult especially since you are balancing 3 hard HLs)

English Lit and Performance SL would not be a bad choice, although I confess that I'm not particularly familiar with the course structure for this subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads