The Student Room Group

aqa biology practical knowledge?

For our written exams I know we need to know some practical knowledge but what exactly do we need to learn? Is revising the bio practical handbook enough or do you think a more indepth understanding of a practical like its flaws, improvements, theory behind it, equipment enough? would we ever be asked to write out a method? thanks for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by charcoal111
For our written exams I know we need to know some practical knowledge but what exactly do we need to learn? Is revising the bio practical handbook enough or do you think a more indepth understanding of a practical like its flaws, improvements, theory behind it, equipment enough? would we ever be asked to write out a method? thanks for any help!

You need to know all of that stuff. Being asked how to conduct an experiment, how to improve it etc are all par for the course for the written papers.
Original post by LRxS
You need to know all of that stuff. Being asked how to conduct an experiment, how to improve it etc are all par for the course for the written papers.

ah ok. so when it comes to practical revision do you think everything i need is in my lab book write ups?
Reply 3
Original post by charcoal111
ah ok. so when it comes to practical revision do you think everything i need is in my lab book write ups?

That’s what I’ve used to revise :smile:
Original post by LRxS
That’s what I’ve used to revise :smile:

cool thanks! the practical handbooks also quite good cause it has more info on choosing statistical tests, uncertainties and biological drawings :smile: good luck with everything

Quick Reply

Latest