The Student Room Group

My boyfriend called another girl perfect?

And I'm really hurt over it, but idk if Im overreacting
It's one of his closest friends, (who he clearly likes if he's calling her that, saying that it's normal to have crushes on people, even if you're in a relationship) whose with his best friend,yepp you read that right lol, and he commented on one of her selfies
"Definition of perfection that mate"
He's made similar comments, and I've let them go but this one I feel is a step too far
I spoke to him about just this comment, he said she was his best friend and had low self esteem, he said he saw how it looked though, that he wouldn't like it if I said it, said sorry and removed it
He genuinely thought nothing of it, but I'm still really hurt
How would you feel if you were in my situation?

Scroll to see replies

It is a little odd, however he clearly isn't doing it in a romantic way, just a friendly way. It's normal to think other people are attractive in a relationship. What, are you supposed to suddenly be turned off by every other human except your SO? No. It's fine to think someone looks good or pretty etc. He seems apologetic so I'd just try to let it go, move on from the situation.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
It is a little odd, however he clearly isn't doing it in a romantic way, just a friendly way. It's normal to think other people are attractive in a relationship. What, are you supposed to suddenly be turned off by every other human except your SO? No. It's fine to think someone looks good or pretty etc. He seems apologetic so I'd just try to let it go, move on from the situation.

I did put that it's normal to have crushes on other people, even when you're in a relationship, just thought him saying she was perfect was too far, of course I know though, thanks 😅
Original post by Anonymous
I did put that it's normal to have crushes on other people, even when you're in a relationship, just thought him saying she was perfect was too far, of course I know though, thanks 😅

Your initial post makes it sound like he was saying that it's normal instead of you, hence my reply.
I don't see much harm in it. I compliment my friends all the time. Obviously I wouldn't go as far as calling them fit or sexy or any of that sort of thing, as I save those for my girlfriend. They're still friends so it's hardly a crime to, considering you go no further than that.
imagine if you were the other girl though and your best friend stopped complimenting you and ignored you because of their boyfriend/girlfriend.
Reply 6
Original post by Jatsy768
imagine if you were the other girl though and your best friend stopped complimenting you and ignored you because of their boyfriend/girlfriend.

I've not made him stop complimenting her, he's always complimenting her and Im okay with it, I just felt the "perfection" comment was a bit too far that's all. I know you can still find other people attractive, amd everyone is insecure so it's nice to get compliments😊
Reply 7
And I'm really hurt over it, but idk if Im overreacting
It's one of his closest friends, (who he clearly likes if he's calling her that, saying that it's normal to have crushes on people, even if you're in a relationship) whose with his best friend,yepp you read that right lol, and he commented on one of her selfies
"Definition of perfection that mate"
He's made similar comments, and I've let them go but this one I feel is a step too far
I spoke to him about just this comment, he said she was his best friend and had low self esteem, he said he saw how it looked though, that he wouldn't like it if I said it, said sorry and removed it
He genuinely thought nothing of it, but I'm still really hurt
How would you feel if you were in my situation?

get rid of him.
or tell him he can't see her anymore if he wants to be in a relationship with you.

he has called his female best friend perfect and even admitted to having a crush on her

he would probably smash her if he could

and if she has feelings for him back, you are at real risk of him doing the dirty on you at some point imo

all it takes is a little alcohol on a night out.........
Reply 8
Original post by _Eleven_
I don't see much harm in it. I compliment my friends all the time. Obviously I wouldn't go as far as calling them fit or sexy or any of that sort of thing, as I save those for my girlfriend. They're still friends so it's hardly a crime to, considering you go no further than that.

It's not a crime at all, he always does it, just felt he went a bit too far with this one that's all. He's called other girls beautiful and Im okay with it☺
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
Your initial post makes it sound like he was saying that it's normal instead of you, hence my reply.

Nah I was the one that said that not him haha
Nah I was the one that said that not him haha

Okay, thanks for clearing it up as it wasn't clear initially.
I’m sorry but your man shouldn’t be posting comments like that on another girls photos. I would be jealous and a little upset. My man wouldn’t do that anyway. Honestly leave him. A whole perfect uno..
Original post by ANM775
get rid of him.
or tell him he can't see her anymore if he wants to be in a relationship with you.

he has called his female best friend perfect and even admitted to having a crush on her

he would probably smash her if he could

and if she has feelings for him back, you are at real risk of him doing the dirty on you at some point imo

all it takes is a little alcohol on a night out.........

Nah he didn't admit to having a crush on her,
I think you misread what I put lol
I meant it's normal to have crushes on people, even in relationships cos we're all human
I wouldnt stop him talking to her
It's not a crime at all, he always does it, just felt he went a bit too far with this one that's all. He's called other girls beautiful and Im okay with it☺
It's hardly a crime to call them beautiful either. You just need be wary that he doesn't take more interest in other girls than he does with you.
I've not made him stop complimenting her, he's always complimenting her and Im okay with it, I just felt the "perfection" comment was a bit too far that's all. I know you can still find other people attractive, amd everyone is insecure so it's nice to get compliments😊

tbh, no one can decide what is right but you. you know how he acts and everything and you know what you'd be comfortable with. if you think he's going to far, and he's not taking you seriously, sit down and have a proper talk. And if he thinks you're over reacting then he obviously doesn't care...
It's hardly a crime to call them beautiful either. You just need be wary that he doesn't take more interest in other girls than he does with you.

Would you call another girl perfect whilst you were in a relationship though?
oh no fam
Would you call another girl perfect whilst you were in a relationship though?

Well if they had low self-esteem and thought of themselves as ugly or something then I wouldn't just stand there and make them feel bad about themselves. But I wouldn't go any deeper than that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well if they had low-esteem and thought of themselves as ugly or something then I wouldn't just stand there and make them feel bad about themselves. But I wouldn't go any deeper than that.

What would you say to them?
What would you say to them?

That depends on what the situation is. Like, my friend was doing her hair the other day. I was unsure as to whether she thought of it as a mess so I told her "don't worry about your hair, you look fine". I was going to say she looked beautiful but she might have took it the wrong way. I would never love her as much as I love my girlfriend but I like my friends to worry less about themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending