The Student Room Group

Ways to revise maths?

I've been using websites like mymaths and pixlmaths to help me revise, but they don't seem to be paying off...any suggestions? :smile:
mymaths never really worked for me and the only thing that did was just doing past exam questions.
is this for GCSE or Alevel?
Original post by Jatsy768
mymaths never really worked for me and the only thing that did was just doing past exam questions.
is this for GCSE or Alevel?

GCSE but I'm hoping to do it for A level as well if I get a 7 :smile:)
Original post by sarahyousaf786
I've been using websites like mymaths and pixlmaths to help me revise, but they don't seem to be paying off...any suggestions? :smile:

I never used Pixlmaths, MyMaths I only ever used for completing homework. I passed my Maths GCSE with A*. Then again, I practised a lot of past papers in class and at home, plus I'd always look back over at something in my book or ask the teacher if I didn't get something. I used MathsWatch occasionally aswell because I found that was a very useful website for revision. Here's a link: https://vle.mathswatch.co.uk/vle/ Feel free to sign up if you haven't done so already. Anything you don't understand you can find on YouTube.

Let me know if that helps :smile:
Original post by _Eleven_
I never used Pixlmaths, MyMaths I only ever used for completing homework. I passed my Maths GCSE with A*. Then again, I practised a lot of past papers in class and at home, plus I'd always look back over at something in my book or ask the teacher if I didn't get something. I used MathsWatch occasionally aswell because I found that was a very useful website for revision. Here's a link: https://vle.mathswatch.co.uk/vle/ Feel free to sign up if you haven't done so already. Anything you don't understand you can find on YouTube.

Let me know if that helps

Wow that's really helpful tysm !! I'll definitely sign up to mathswatch :smile:)
ty for your comment and help
:smile:
I'm assuming that you've learnt the majority, if not all of the content at this point in the year, so work out which areas you are struggling in the most (there's no point in spending all of your time on stuff you already know- but don't neglect it completely!) and then find past exam questions related to it. that way you're reving the content as well as the format of the exams. also if you look at the mark schemes & exam reports you can see where you & other people are going wrong do you can concentrate on correcting it.

is a 7 the equivalent of a C? (it's been 3 years since I took my GCSEs and I forgot that they changed)
I'm assuming that you've learnt the majority, if not all of the content at this point in the year, so work out which areas you are struggling in the most (there's no point in spending all of your time on stuff you already know- but don't neglect it completely!) and then find past exam questions related to it. that way you're reving the content as well as the format of the exams. also if you look at the mark schemes & exam reports you can see where you & other people are going wrong do you can concentrate on correcting it.

is a 7 the equivalent of a C? (it's been 3 years since I took my GCSEs and I forgot that they changed)

tysm for the advice , i'll be sure to keep that in mind :smile:

and now it goes like this :

9 - A*
8 - A/A*
7 - A
6 - B
5 - C
4 - LOW C
3 - D
2 - F
1 - G/U

so yh I'm aiming for an A
Original post by sarahyousaf786
tysm for the advice , i'll be sure to keep that in mind :smile:

and now it goes like this :

9 - A*
8 - A/A*
7 - A
6 - B
5 - C
4 - LOW C
3 - D
2 - F
1 - G/U

so yh I'm aiming for an A

oh, wow the conversions are completely different to what I thought...
oh, wow the conversions are completely different to what I thought...

lol yup, theyve changed alot :smile:
Two words: Mark Schemes.

Not to cheat, but to understand exactly how your work will be assessed. An exam is a game, learn the rules.:wink:
flash cards of things you find hard, once u go over them over n over u will be able to do it in your sleep 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest