Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Just wondering how long it took the universities to offer interviews after submitting application?

ReputationRep:
    No idea! Still waiting to hear back from strathy and Glasgow. 😥😥😥
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma-h)
    Hi everyone,
    Just wondering how long it took the universities to offer interviews after submitting application?
    Depends on the University you have applied for. I have heard back from UWS, Strathclyde and Dundee for interviews, I applied on 20th of December 2017.

Some people have interviews for Glasgow on the 2nd week in February but I have not heard back from them or UHI.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have heard back from Strathclyde and I had my interview today.
    Uws declined me as they are only offering interviews to candidates with 1st class honours or a 2.1 and sadly I have a 2.2 ..
    still haven’t heard from Glasgow or Edinburgh yet. Hope we all hear soon

ReputationRep:
    I heard back from UWS and they declined me too as I'm in my honours year and graduating this year. I have an interview for Strathclyde on the 12th Feb. How did your interview go? I think I have decided on what to do my presentation on. Just a tiny bit worried as it's not related to education. I know it doesn't have to be but thinking would it be better if it was related to teaching?

ReputationRep:
    That’s rubbish they have done that. After all the entry requirements are just the 3 year degree

I’m not sure how it went really... there were a few really over confident people in my group.. I hope that that comes across as a bad thing as they were hardly giving people a chance to talk. So I would say that’s a bad teacher quality as you are supposed to listen and give opportunities. My group discussion was dead rushed as we ran out of time so was only like 15 mins. I hope that doesn’t go against us as we never had as much time as other groups.
    I done my presentation on health and well-being. I just wanted to talk about my experience in the schools I work in as this is the chance you have to get your experience in I guess. Two of the people in my group done completely unrelated things to school stuff. So I guess it’s just a case of waiting. Oh and the multiple choice thing is nothing to do with you getting in, so don’t worry about that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gemma, i hope yous dont mind me joining in here! I have my interview in strathclyde on the 12th of february too! So nervous about the whole thing. Just wondering hows your prep going? I dont know where to start or end haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellendorrian28)
    Hi Gemma, i hope yous dont mind me joining in here! I have my interview in strathclyde on the 12th of february too! So nervous about the whole thing. Just wondering hows your prep going? I dont know where to start or end haha
    Hiya no not at all! Oh god I'm really nervous. Have changed my mind about the presentation so many times now. Ive been reading up on effective learning so that on have something to contribute to the group. Also reading up on CfE just in case and the national framework and about current issues/topics. It probably won't be as bad as it seems haha are you in the afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    Aw iv changed my mind a lot too! Dont know whether i should link the presentation to education or something that im confident in incase they ask any questions and im caught of guard! I was reading about them aswel, just so much to remember! Yea im in from 12:00 - 4:00, are you in the afternoon aswel?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm 12-4 too. I've decided to do mine on my job as im confident talking about it. Good luck for tomorrow! We might even be in the same group!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristimcx)
    That’s rubbish they have done that. After all the entry requirements are just the 3 year degree

I’m not sure how it went really... there were a few really over confident people in my group.. I hope that that comes across as a bad thing as they were hardly giving people a chance to talk. So I would say that’s a bad teacher quality as you are supposed to listen and give opportunities. My group discussion was dead rushed as we ran out of time so was only like 15 mins. I hope that doesn’t go against us as we never had as much time as other groups.
    I done my presentation on health and well-being. I just wanted to talk about my experience in the schools I work in as this is the chance you have to get your experience in I guess. Two of the people in my group done completely unrelated things to school stuff. So I guess it’s just a case of waiting. Oh and the multiple choice thing is nothing to do with you getting in, so don’t worry about that.
    I think I was in your group Kristi, at Strathclyde interview - I thought you were very passionate and enthusiastic and remember thinking I'd give you a place if it were up to me. I talked about maths...felt it went terribly due to the noise coming from the room next door - totally phased me. Anyway, like you I thought the group discussion was too short and some folk talked too much, (I fear I may have been one of those, nerves!)
    I haven't heard anything yet, fingers crossed. Still waiting for an interview at Edinburgh, bit concerned I've not got one yet.
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll be snapped up soon. xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey I think I was in your group too! You were brilliant when there was the noise from next door. Fingers crossed!
    (Original post by miss_ellis)
    I think I was in your group Kristi, at Strathclyde interview - I thought you were very passionate and enthusiastic and remember thinking I'd give you a place if it were up to me. I talked about maths...felt it went terribly due to the noise coming from the room next door - totally phased me. Anyway, like you I thought the group discussion was too short and some folk talked too much, (I fear I may have been one of those, nerves!)
    I haven't heard anything yet, fingers crossed. Still waiting for an interview at Edinburgh, bit concerned I've not got one yet.
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll be snapped up soon. xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh hello you... no you didn’t talk to much ... it was just sooo so hard to get in on that discussion.
    Have you heard anything yet?
    I’ve still heard nothing. I’m getting worried as I see people are all getting offers through.
    I still haven’t heard about getting an interview at Glasgow or Edinburgh yet.
    You were amazing with your presentation. You are just really interesting to listen to! I enjoyed your presentation
    Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh hello you... no you didn’t talk to much ... it was just sooo so hard to get in on that discussion.
    I’ve still heard nothing. I’m getting worried as I see people are all getting offers through.
    You were amazing with your presentation. You are just really interesting to listen to! I enjoyed your presentation
    Xxxx
    That's really kind of you to say! Thanks.
    I've not heard anything. I'm telling myself that means i'm not a definite 'no', and so there's hope. I don't know if there have been offers from Strathclyde to applicants who interviewed the same day/week as us, but a friend was offered a place 3 days after her interview in December. She submitted her UCAS insanely early, (one of life's super-organised people!) She interviewed at Edinburgh last week, but like you, I don't have an interview there yet. I live in Edinburgh and would really prefer to go there. I'm going to call them next week.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Xxxx
    Update - I have just received an offer from Strathclyde - check UCAS, I think the offers were made this morning. I'm so happy.

Remember they said that they tell definite 'yes' and 'no' first. You may get an offer today or in a few months. fingers crossed. xx Get in touch if you're coming through to Edinburgh for interview, I'd love to catch up if we're the same day.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I’m looking to apply for next year, a full year away I know. Reading this I’m feeling so anxious about my degree do you think 2:2 honours degree is going to hinder me? I’ve been a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRHC1990)
    Hey I’m looking to apply for next year, a full year away I know. Reading this I’m feeling so anxious about my degree do you think 2:2 honours degree is going to hinder me? I’ve been a C
    Please contact the University, I'm afraid I don't know. I was required to have a 2:1 and a C pass at Nat 5 maths, ( a B pass at Nat 5 maths for Edinburgh) Things might change. (I'm going to Edinburgh btw).

Work hard, prepare well and good luck! 😀 🙏🏻🙏🏻🍾🤞🤞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma-h)
    Hi everyone,
    Got my interview invites at different times, but generally a few days after closing date. Different for others, so I don't think there's a hard and fast rule.

University open days

1. University of Glasgow
    All Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.