English Literature or History A-Level?

Watch
livgotlost
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am in a predicament. Next year I want to study German, French and then English lit or History but i cant chose between them. I was wondering if anybody could give me their experience with them (I'll give details on each course below)

English Lit - OCR
Bloody Chamber, Dracula, Twelfth Night, The Duchess of Malfi, Selected Poems (Rossetti)

History - Edexcel
In search of the American Dream in the USA (1917-96), India 1914-48: the road to independence, Rebellion under the Tudors (1485-1603) and the Arab-Israeli Conflict (c.1880-2001) as coursework.

I am not particularly better at one than the other at GCSE, I got 90% in my History mock and a 9 in english lit in December.

Does anyone do these topics, or can give any details on what thy are like?

Thank you so much
StarbucksLife14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which one do you enjoy the most? At the end of the day if you're good at both of them then choose the one that will make you the happiest. There's no point doing the subject you won't enjoy 😊
b7621b
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
theyre both long and similar in terms of having to write essays for your final grade. I do both and English Literature is harder but more interesting, and history is basically learning a ton of information and applying it to essays (much more than gcse) but it is easier than English
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.62%
England (104)
33.77%
Belgium (26)
8.44%
Germany (37)
12.01%
Spain (5)
1.62%
Italy (26)
8.44%
Netherlands (10)
3.25%
Other (Tell us who) (18)
5.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise