The Student Room Group

Help

I got my October results today and I am very disappointed. I got only 2As for M1 and Physics units 1 but got 2 Bs for unit 3 and S1. I got a D for unit 2. I feel like a failure. I would really appreciate some advice on what I should do to score A if I retake units 2 and 3
Original post by Dazzling7dreams
I got my October results today and I am very disappointed. I got only 2As for M1 and Physics units 1 but got 2 Bs for unit 3 and S1. I got a D for unit 2. I feel like a failure. I would really appreciate some advice on what I should do to score A if I retake units 2 and 3

Get feedback and figure out where you went wrong. yes to resit if you feel you can improve. Consider knock on effect on other studies.

It was just how you did on the day. If you can do better then resit.
Original post by 999tigger
Get feedback and figure out where you went wrong. yes to resit if you feel you can improve. Consider knock on effect on other studies.

It was just how you did on the day. If you can do better then resit.

Thanks for replying back. I wasn't well prepared for that paper and I don't follow my usual study routine, I guess that made me mess up.
Thanks for replying back. I wasn't well prepared for that paper and I don't follow my usual study routine, I guess that made me mess up.

If you have the option of resit, then just accept it was a poor performance that day and resit. Make sure you understand why you underperformed and put it right. Dont waste time feeling bad, when it could be used to get extra marks. Focus and move forward.
Original post by 999tigger
If you have the option of resit, then just accept it was a poor performance that day and resit. Make sure you understand why you underperformed and put it right. Dont waste time feeling bad, when it could be used to get extra marks. Focus and move forward.

You gave me the best encouragement. I'm going to resit physics and I'm going to score better this time. I really appreciate your advice 😃😄😄😄
You gave me the best encouragement. I'm going to resit physics and I'm going to score better this time. I really appreciate your advice 😃😄😄😄

Beating yourself up is always a bit pointless. Be you own best friend and do the best you can. Being smart means learning from the mistakes so you dont repeat it and understanding what you missed so you can deliver in the next exam. Do yourself justice and good luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks a lot. You're right. You made me realize something important. 😄😄😄

Quick Reply

Latest