Is triple science worth it? Watch

Queenjayiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am going to be choosing my GCSE options in a few weeks but I need some advice. Is wish to become a GP when I get older but I don't know what to choose. I understand that triple science is a lot of work and I am willing to to it if it means I'll be able to take medicine. But does taking triple science help to get there?
Y12_FurtherMaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Triple science is very difficult, be prepared to revise it for several hours a day
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Appazap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think it's an essential but taking it can be beneficial as a lot of it will link to a level. Also if you're capable of doing double science, I don't think that triple will be too difficult for you!
Lydia.Mx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Queenjayiii)
I am going to be choosing my GCSE options in a few weeks but I need some advice. Is wish to become a GP when I get older but I don't know what to choose. I understand that triple science is a lot of work and I am willing to to it if it means I'll be able to take medicine. But does taking triple science help to get there?
Hi! It isn't necessarily a requirement as you can still go onto A-level science with just double, HOWEVER you will be at a major disadvantage as most of the people in that room will have done triple as triple contains more information so you will learn more things so be at an advantage but thats not to say that you can't! I really enjoy all three of the sciences & I think if you enjoy them then go for it as then you'll be willing to revise and put in the hard work! They are hard & confusing sometimes but if you are willing to put the work in then ultimately you will succeed!! Good luck
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're going on to do science A-Levels, which I assume you are because you want to do medicine, then I would strongly recommend you take it. Although I don't do science A-Level, having spoken to my friends, they have told me that they didn't really go over the triple science content that much, and they would have been at a big disadvantage if they hadn't done it. So I would do it, as you clearly want to do something sciency-related, so you should be prepared to put the work in.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would you not want to do it?
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Y11_Maths)
Triple science is very difficult, be prepared to revise it for several hours a day
What are you on about?It's not that dofficult,I did it and got an A* in all my sciences and 100 ums marks for my triple exams.I found it easier then core and additional because the grade boundaries were low and the content was more interesting.Triple chemistry helps quite a lot with chemistry a level.Would definitely recommend it OP.
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol you won’t get rejected from med school for not doing triple science at GCSE hahah :lol:
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
What are you on about?It's not that dofficult,I did it and got an A* in all my sciences and 100 ums marks for my triple exams.I found it easier then core and additional because the grade boundaries were low and the content was more interesting.Triple chemistry helps quite a lot with chemistry a level.Would definitely recommend it OP.
Me thinks that if they were revising for several hours a day and still finding it difficult, they were either revising inefficently or got to the point where they should have asked for help, but didn't.
Angel_Chen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, triple science is just building on combined/double science depending on your school, whereas doing a different GCSE is learning a whole new topic. Also if you want to go into medecine and do A level science, I would VERY strongly reccomend it. But think about if you enjoy it, because you'll be motivaated to try har and it won't feel like a lot of work.
adamjfoskett
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I loved triple science at GCSE so I would 100% recommend it if you want to go into a career like that.
nunu10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I think you should take it. It'll look much better on your applications when you will have done bio, chem and physics rather than 'science'. I don't think it's THAT much more work either, I took it and didn't revise loads but still ended up with an A* in all of them. Also, if you want to go into medicine, more work is something that you should get used to. Good luck!
Queenjayiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you so much. Let's hope that not much has changed about it because of the new curriculum though
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Volibear)
Me thinks that if they were revising for several hours a day and still finding it difficult, they were either revising inefficently or got to the point where they should have asked for help, but didn't.
I agree. A levels are a lot harder if they struggled with a levels I would understand but not GCSE's,it's just regurgitation.
jamal tyrone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not essential, but certainly will assist you later on. Even though not all med schools see it as a requirement, certainly some do.
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jamal tyrone)
It's not essential, but certainly will assist you later on. Even though not all med schools see it as a requirement, certainly some do.
Which ones?
jamal tyrone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Volibear)
Which ones?
According to my teacher, most Cambridge colleges generally look for triple science, but I'm not too sure.
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jamal tyrone)
According to my teacher, most Cambridge colleges generally look for triple science, but I'm not too sure.
And what do the entry requirements on their website say?
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lydia.Mx)
Hi! It isn't necessarily a requirement as you can still go onto A-level science with just double, HOWEVER you will be at a major disadvantage as most of the people in that room will have done triple as triple contains more information so you will learn more things so be at an advantage but thats not to say that you can't! I really enjoy all three of the sciences & I think if you enjoy them then go for it as then you'll be willing to revise and put in the hard work! They are hard & confusing sometimes but if you are willing to put the work in then ultimately you will succeed!! Good luck
wouldn't say major :/
Lydia.Mx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
wouldn't say major :/
Okay maybe not major but you'd still be at an disadvantage, I know some friends that have strugggled with A-level because they haven't done triple
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.68%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.55%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.72%

Watched Threads