Premier League at 25 years old: Your favourite season you remember? Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Another one from the Premier League at 25 years old, what has been your favourite season you remember? It can be from your teams favourite season or just a general favourite season.

Mine for Aston Villa has gotta be 1995/96 season finishing 4th, Fa Cup Semi Final and winning the League Cup (Known as the Coca Cola Cup) also 93/04 stopping Man United getting the treble, and 2007/08 scoring for fun and beating Birmingham 2-1 on their own turf before battering them 5-1 at home. Also gotta throw in the moment Martin Tyler shouted "AGUEROOOOOOOO"
qasim___96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The favourite season that I remember is the 2007/2008 season because we won the PL and UCL that season.
Jack22031994
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2004/5 - Liverpool winning the CL :woo:

I was 11, and remember watching, such an amazing game! :woo:
Renaissance-Man
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
FC Porto winning the Primeira 05/06 and it was so close with Sporting.

I started watching professional football in the Portuguese league (around 04/05) and grew an affinity to Ricardo Quaresma & FC Porto. He was my favourite player in the Portuguese league and he was great to watch. As I watched more and more football and started to play it in real life with regularity as well I then discovered the premier league (around 04/05ish when teams like Charlton, Portsmouth etc. were still in it) and United was the team I fell in complete love with. At the time Ronaldo was still finding his feet and developing but I remember watching the likes of Paul Scholes and just thinking wow what a midfield player he is and followed United ever since!

It was amazing to see the development of Ronaldo, he put in some serious work off the pitch and got the results out on the pitch and got better as time went on. I remember being devastated when he pushed for a leave to go to Madrid :lol:

I love watching football but I love playing it a lot more. My ultimate dream was to be a footballer and I had the chance to trial at Chelsea's youth team when I was 12/13 (ironic isn't it S.G., one of the youth coaches at the time came to our school and had invited me to go for trials. I told my parents and they said no you're not going stay in school caz nothing is guaranteed lool).
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
98/99. As a Manchester United fan I don’t think I need to elaborate on why.
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My favorite season is 2011/12. Typical Chelsea crisis going on, and a West Brom reject wins us the Champions League and FA Cup double. If you think about it, Chelsea's 2011/12 season was just a better version of Man Utd's 2016/17. Both finished 6th, but United won the BTEC equivalents of the trophies we won.

Of course that happened to be the season where City won the league in amazing circumstances as well, Real Madrid won their first league title in years, Montpellior won Ligue 1, Dortmund won the Bundesliga for the second time in a row. Underdog stories all round.

(Original post by trapking)
I love watching football but I love playing it a lot more. My ultimate dream was to be a footballer and I had the chance to trial at Chelsea's youth team when I was 12/13 (ironic isn't it S.G., one of the youth coaches at the time came to our school and had invited me to go for trials. I told my parents and they said no you're not going stay in school caz nothing is guaranteed lool).
Not surprised. Chelsea F.C. are the only club to give youth a chance.
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2005 as a Liverpool fan for obvious reasons
Also 2013-14 - truly awesome season to watch. Frustrating AF, but demolishing teams was a joy. Particularly the destruction of Arsenal
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
96/97

First season with a season ticket at Boro. Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson. Getting to both cup finals. Losing three points because we didn't turn up for a match.

That is how you get relegated with style.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
15/16.

Almost in tears at Leicester's fantastic achievement.
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Blackburn in 94/95 certainly made me cry. And then Everton did in the FA Cup a few weeks later.

Mind you I was only 8 coming 9 then, thought it was already the end of Man Utd's and Fergie's domination, thankfully I was wrong.
Sae.HH
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2008 as a United fan
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
... you need to ask? Everything about 15/16 was perfect.
cvslfc123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As a Liverpool fan- 08/09 and 13/14.

08-09 we had an amazing side that fell short to probably the greatest Man Utd squad of all time. Unfortunately 0-0 draws against Stoke, Fulham and West Ham at Anfield ended up being our downfall.

13/14 was just an amazing ride of emotion, even though it ended in heart break. Martin Tyler saying "oh and Gerrard slips and Demba Ba is in here" still haunts me today. Luis Suarez was incredible and we had some amazing games. The first 20 minutes against Arsenal at Anfield was some of the best football I've ever seen.

11/12 was also sweet just for the look on Sir Alex Ferguson's and the Man Utd fans at Sunderland's faces when they realised Man City had snatched the league.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (39)
5.71%
Fairly positive (227)
33.24%
Just another year... (271)
39.68%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.38%

Watched Threads