Da1zie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need some help on deciding my final piece. The theme is detail and I have done a lot of prep work on detail in architecture and in fashion and in the human face. Any ideas?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Masks, either imagery or production of, may be somehow of interest. They're relevant to the face and fashion aspects fairly obviously and you could certainly explore more geometric and/or "architectural" creations.

This could be spun further in various ways, such as considering facial recognition, usage of masks or similar to block or prevent it, and/or considering how computers break down the elements of the face (e.g. into those little finite element triangles) and look at things from this analytic viewpoint, considering the smallest elements as visualised computationally of a face and how these can or can't be rebuilt otherwise, comparing perhaps with architectural CAD renditions and looking more at the similar approaches between the two.

Alternately you could consider ornamentation of buildings with sculptures and otherwise, and if you wished specifically considering faces and/or scultural renditions of cloth in this ornamentation - gargoyles, the green man face, ancient greek and roman sculpture in architecture/buildings (e.g. the Pathenon marbles) and religious architecture come to mind in this respect (technically the examples given would all be examples of religious sculture/architectural ornamentation, but obviously the green man is pagan and the gargoyles aren't so much in the "sacred" theme as you might consider of e.g. interior carvings of the virgin mary etc in walls etc).

More generally you could consider ideas about identity - people tend to consider their faces pretty core to their identity, and in the contemporary era fashion choices are often considered to be demonstration of personal identity. Architecture tends to reflect this however, and the places and spaces people grow up in shape their identity rather than take on the individuals identity from them (with the exception of the architect). However interior architecture/design again is, like fashion/clothing choices, often seen as an avenue of self expression.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads