Poll: Who should be elected as an MP?
joecphillips (Independent) (0)
0%
Hazzer1998 (Independent) (0)
0%
PetrosAC (Liberal party) (0)
0%
mobbsy91 (Conservative & Unionist Party) (0)
0%
Quamquam123 (Libertarian Party) (0)
0%
Spoilt Ballot (0)
0%
This discussion is closed.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What is this?/I'm confused
Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

joecphillips (Independent)

Hazzer1998 (Independent)Economy

Replace the welfare state with a means tested universal basic income.
Introduce a basic flat rate of tax of 15%
Abolish “Sin taxes” (Duties on Alcohol, fuel and Tobacco), VAT.

Foreign Affairs, Defence, Brexit and Trade

Commit to increasing defence spending to 4% of GNI and invest in the F-35 Programme by doubling our existing order
Invest in creating a new class of type 26 fidgets and commission BAE to build 3 new aircrafts carriers
Commit to NATO and the United Nations
To campaign for a “Take it or leave it” referendum on the Brexit deal
Join NAFTA (North Atlantic free trade agreement) and engage in the world to form new trade deals
Create a custom union and trade organisation for commonwealth countries

Domestic Affairs and Education

Increase police and security service funding
Merge MI5,MI6 and GCHQ into a single department under a single director of national security and intelligence
Return of the maintenance grant for students
Cap fees at £6000 per year

PetrosAC (Liberal Party)

mobbsy91 (Conservative & Unionist Party)

I’m standing in this by-election to uphold economic liberalism, the rule of law and aspiration. I have the experience of being an MP and with my activity I will be able to contribute to our pragmatic, national government with the TSR Liberal Party and TSR National Conservative Party.

I support these policies:
- Reforming our current welfare system by implementing Negative Income Tax, as we need to ensure that our people are incentivised to go to work rather than just claim benefits - getting a career is the first step to prosperity.
-
- Ensure all schools have a CAMHS representative and/or mental health professional on-site, proportionate to the school’s size, to make sure all pupils and teachers are given the support they need.
-
- Relieve the pressure on our students and teachers by removing SATs, and instead focusing on more practical teaching with less emphasis on memorising facts until it really matters.
-
- Treat cybercrime like any other crime and increase funding for community policing so that everyone can feel safe both online, and offline, as well as ensuring that there are more safeguards around people being scammed online.
-
- Abolish Inheritance Tax,
-
- Review how we operate refuse disposal as a country and impose restrictions on the use of non-recyclable materials in packaging when reasonable recyclable options are available. This includes introducing subsidies and expenditure so that we can have the infrastructure in place to recycle to the best of our ability.
-
- Increase the transparency of the rail franchise procurement process, and continue to demonstrate the safety of our public transportation. This will help us to put forward regulation to protect commuters from being held hostage by rail unions.

With your vote, the policies above that aim to better the society we live in and lead our great country to recovery, can be implemented. Our party has proven that we can lead a stable government with the Queen’s Speech that has passed - a formal declaration of confidence in our government.

Vote Conservative.

Quamquam123, (Libertarian Party)

Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where is our manifesto? You confirmed it 2 days ago.
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
I concur, I can confirm that Dayne confirmed the submission on the Liber sub, so I’m as confused as the rest of us as to where it is
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
None of these manifestos are particularly exciting I'm afraid. I will be spoiling my ballot.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Shall we move away from the incompetence of the speaker for a moment and ask the candidates: will they be consistent in their views and defend their positions?
username1899909
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DayneD89 Care to do your job properly and submit my manifesto in the picture format as It was originally submitted ?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hazzer, how can you have a means tested UBI, the two concepts are contradictory. Can you also provide a rough costing of your manifesto because the way I see it you're making Labour IRL look very fiscally sound.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You have made two further mistakes. Hazzer1998 is saying he submitted a picture version of his manifesto which he wanted you to submit and Quamquam123 does not have the party next to his name on the poll, which could lead the electorate to believe he is an independent rather than the TSR Libertarian Party's candidate.
DayneD89
Rep:
?
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
I concur, I can confirm that Dayne confirmed the submission on the Liber sub, so I’m as confused as the rest of us as to where it is
Apologies. I had looked for a PM from your party but did not have any. I did confirm it in the thread and I have added that manifesto.

(Original post by Hazzer1998)
DayneD89 Care to do your job properly and submit my manifesto in the picture format as It was originally submitted ?
The image you submitted did not work. I either had to submit it without the manifesto or use the text version. I will change it to an image version if you can supply a working image url.
DayneD89
Rep:
?
You have made two further mistakes. Hazzer1998 is saying he submitted a picture version of his manifesto which he wanted you to submit and Quamquam123 does not have the party next to his name on the poll, which could lead the electorate to believe he is an independent rather than the TSR Libertarian Party's candidate.
I edited this in before you even posted, and I just replied to Hazzer. It was done in two stages simply for speed. I wanted to get the option included right away, then fix any problems after
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I like Joe manifesto very simple and honest :rofl:
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
QuamQuam and Joe are the obvious choices in the election, thus far the government has produced lacklustre legislation and we cannot allow them to come closer to an effective majority. These two candidates are the best for the interests of the entire house I believe
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Shall we move away from the incompetence of the speaker for a moment and ask the candidates: will they be consistent in their views and defend their positions?
I shall stick to my manifesto yes and I will defend my position.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DayneD89 the formatting is a bit messed up for the Conservative manifesto

Joe - Your manifesto must have took ages...
Hazzer - At least someone has put the effort into some policy ideas. Don't necessarily agree with them all though.
Libertarians - Candidate doesn't come to a shock to me tbh... Policy looks alright however at some points it's quite vague, might be better to go into detail and elaborate more.

Conservatives and Liberals on a roll in this by-election though.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
QuamQuam and Joe are the obvious choices in the election, thus far the government has produced lacklustre legislation and we cannot allow them to come closer to an effective majority. These two candidates are the best for the interests of the entire house I believe
I don't see how it's "lacklustre" - I guess you're opposing us for the sake of it hm...
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Vote for Quamquam123 and the TSR Libertarian Party if you believe that civil liberties and freedom still matter.
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
I don't see how it's "lacklustre" - I guess you're opposing us for the sake of it hm...
Don’t tell me you believe that sincerely after the bill that has just been posted by your government. And the housing equality one you’ve sent to division?
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A question for Quamquam123: have you abandoned all your principles or are you role-playing?
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Vote for Quamquam123 and the TSR Libertarian Party if you believe that civil liberties and freedom still matter.
You mean the member who in the past has passed bills to restrict freedom?

#Votejoecphillips
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads