What's the difference between tap water and bottled water? Watch

s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is tap water even safe to drink when it is put back into the taps after filtering or whatever? It can't be really safe when it has been drank by many others and has had sewage water and poop in it and who knows what else.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by s817)
Is tap water even safe to drink when it is put back into the taps after filtering or whatever? It can't be really safe when it has been drank by many others and has had sewage water and poop in it and who knows what else.
One's more expensive than the other, so the companies lie to you that bottled water is better so you can buy it and make them rich.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i dont like tap water cos i can smell the chlorine and especially when i fill a bottle with tap water and drink it hours after, my stomach can't handle it and i feel queasy
yelir
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bottled water tastes better because its got the taste of the ground and the mountains and metals etc, tap water can have small bacteria in and the taste of chlorine. if your gonna drink tap water have it filtered.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tap water is cheaper
aint carrying 16kg bottles of water evey week
too much effort
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by s817)
have a read of this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...p-variety.html

and this:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-bottled-water

and this:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/16/tap-wa...water-5105298/
applesforme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not crazy about the plastic the bottled water comes in, I wouldn't want to drink water that way continuosly because the plastic may leach into the water.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing. Both will kill you at the same rate.
username3693560
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tap water grossness varies by place. I've drunk tap water in the Welsh mountains that tastes like bottled. The tap water in Essex tastes like a swimming pool.

Get a filter.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fekky.)
Bottled water tastes better because its got the taste of the ground and the mountains and metals etc, tap water can have small bacteria in and the taste of chlorine. if your gonna drink tap water have it filtered.
We have very hard water here which makes it taste quite strong like bottled water. I quite like it.

Cant stand tap water in soft water areas though, tastes of chalk!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (429)
58.85%
Yes- I don't like it (39)
5.35%
No- I want it (211)
28.94%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.86%

Watched Threads

Latest