The Student Room Group

Work Experience??

Hi guys, i’m currently in year 12 and urgently looking for work experience.
I would like to do an Economics or Law degree, then go on to law school in the future.
I have so far applied to about 15 law firms- all of which either did not reply or rejected me.
Ideally, I would like work experience in corporate/ commercial law as I’m less keen on doing it in a bank, etc.

Any suggestions on which positions to apply for, any firms you might know that offer work experience, etc?

All replies appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Try smaller, local firms. Perhaps even take your CV in to them in person to show them you're really dedicated. Also try solicitors as well. Let them know you would be happy with any sort of work experience they can offer you, even if it's just one day shadowing someone. Hope this helps a little
Thanks for the responses, i will try out the suggestions
Original post by ishan.chawla
Hi guys, i’m currently in year 12 and urgently looking for work experience.
I would like to do an Economics or Law degree, then go on to law school in the future.
I have so far applied to about 15 law firms- all of which either did not reply or rejected me.
Ideally, I would like work experience in corporate/ commercial law as I’m less keen on doing it in a bank, etc.

Any suggestions on which positions to apply for, any firms you might know that offer work experience, etc?

All replies appreciated. Thanks :smile:

You can try first shadowing the professional, and then assisting with Administrative tasks.
As said above bit law firms do not do this until you are doing your degree and apply via their "vacation scheme" programmes so stick with asking smaller firms even if it is high street law work. It is quite hard to get as it is a huge nuisance to have someone around and no benefit to the firm so not surprisingly most busy firms are not interested in helping as they get hundreds or even in some cases thousands of applications for trainee law jobs without having to help people at school. A your age I went into various courts quite a bit just to observe and just did lots of reading eve n just fiction from the library about law which did help me. I found the Henry Cecil books quite fun
Traineeship?

Latest

Trending

Trending