The Student Room Group

Lost theory certificate.. test tomorrow!

I am that idiot.

Am I likely to have my test cancelled? I have my certificate pass number and a picture of the certificate. I can log in to the page that shows the date you took the test/your result/your pass number etc and obviously I booked a test.. so obviously HAVE passed my theory.

Is not having the physical piece of paper gonna be important?

Thank you
It MIGHT be

For my practical test they didn't ask for the theory test certificate, although I did have it with me and I got the impression they don't always ask it, but it is luck of the draw, it all depends on how "to the book" your local test centre operates
Reply 2
I think as long as you can prove that you've passed you should be ok. Check on the gov website - they may offer advice and ask your driving instructor what the best course of action is. Good luck if you do the test tomorrow!
Reply 3
Original post by bxso
I think as long as you can prove that you've passed you should be ok. Check on the gov website - they may offer advice and ask your driving instructor what the best course of action is. Good luck if you do the test tomorrow!

Ring your instructor for advice. As it's now probably past opening times. Call the test centre tomorrow morning as well for guidance.
I didn't have to show mine, nor did my brother when we did our tests. It depends on the test centre, so I'd follow the above advice. Ring the centre and ask if you need it.
If they ask for it you're extremely unlucky, because it's very rare now. It's a requirement, but not often asked for due to requiring the number from it to book your driving test.

Ring your instructor for advice. As it's now probably past opening times. Call the test centre tomorrow morning as well for guidance.

Eh at that point you might as well turn up, you're gonna get charged anyway.
Original post by LaceAri
I am that idiot.

Am I likely to have my test cancelled? I have my certificate pass number and a picture of the certificate. I can log in to the page that shows the date you took the test/your result/your pass number etc and obviously I booked a test.. so obviously HAVE passed my theory.

Is not having the physical piece of paper gonna be important?

Thank you

I passed 2nd time and neither examiner asked for my theory test certificate. I even gave it to him but he just said "no need sir".
Reply 7
My instructors replied and said I don’t need it so.. fingers crossed!

Thanks for your replies.
Reply 8
You wouldn’t be able to book your practical test if you hadn’t passed the theory test so you should be ok. Good luck!
Do you still have the link to that website.

Quick Reply